Mirrors while towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian m

Reaction score
I am sick of the wankers who choose to tow van without being able to see behind them, especially when travelling on narrower roads with extremely long straights.

The road was wide enough for vehicles to run side by side , just.

The van was being towed at about 80 in a 100 zone, I know, that's ok if you are watching the traffic in both directions.

So you choose a suitable place to pass another vehicle and all of a sudden they wanted to use both sides of the road, pushing me into the gravel to avoid a collision.

All I want to see is people using their f**king mirrors.

By the way it was between Elmore and raywood, on Friday at about 1300.

Rant over!

all you need is to buy a dual set of Hella Horns [ loud and cheap on ebay ] then when you have this issue just blast the horn and hit the lights by moving out a touch so he can see you , when he pulls over just keep driving along as nothing has occured.

all you need is to buy a dual set of Hella Horns [ loud and cheap on ebay ] then when you have this issue just blast the horn and hit the lights by moving out a touch so he can see you , when he pulls over just keep driving along as nothing has occured.

Thats It. Problem solved

I like where your going with this, although I do really like the old train horns.

Horns don't always work. Approaching Mudgee on Thursday evening in the 100km/h zone we came up behind an old pantec that was doing anywhere between 25 and 40km/h. The guy behind the wheel was so plastered the cops would have measured the blood in his alcohol. He completely ignored my horn - blasted numerous times. I couldn't overtake the old goat (and that's something, coming from me - this guy was probably there to tie the ark to the dock when it returned) because every time there was a break, he'd swing out over the other side of the road and increase speed to 40 with a cloud of blue smoke. When you're 14+ metres long and weighing 5.5T powered by a 2.5L diesel, thrashing the thing to get past someone from the Old Testament is not worth trying.

Eventually we did get past him, and the guy was sitting in the front of his truck swaying all over the cabin. I just kept the throttle on and pulled away.

Would bigger horns have worked? I doubt it. For this guy, I doubt blue lights and sirens would have worked, but I'd love to have been there to see the top blow off the breath tester unit.

Wouldn't mind train air horns either, but something tells me they would require a little more air than a standard compressor could deliver.

Wouldn't mind train air horns either, but something tells me they would require a little more air than a standard compressor could deliver.

If you put in a receiver tank you should get a few good blasts out of the on board compressor.

Bring back the PA system available on the old AM cb's.
Then you could say choice words or make noises like a train behind him if you're clever.

Latest posts

Back