Micks HID Projector Retrofits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a lot has changed since I've been on here. So it's time for a major update.

One of the main things is I have my own ballast line which I've had for a while though. These aren't just cheap ballasts with a sticker on them. They are custom built to my specs which are below.

Internal igniters (no black box on cord)
cords are 450mm long (not 180mm like most)
D2 plug is fitted standard (no cheap adaptors)
Canbus built in (no error bulb out lights on dash or flickering)
anodized in black and some are blue.
Water proof
Fully digital
can be run at 12 volt or 24 volt
OEM warm up times
meet all the same standards as OEM ballasts
My name is lazered on the ballasts (no cheap stickers)
With stand corrugations like no other ballast.

I've never had a warranty claim since I've been using them.

The other big news is I'm now a recommended retrofitter for the Retrofit source in the USA (first person outside of the USA and Canada) which I've now started selling there latest and greatest 3 inch bolt in projectors available in round and square lenses.

Everything now comes with a 3 year warranty,excludes bulbs, angel eyes and devils eyes which are 12 months.

mynewballast_zps6b853fbf.jpg

newballast015_zps6362b2da.jpg

newballast023_zpsbda7abe6.jpg

The latest addition to by product line is the all new D2S 3inch projector designed by TRS in the States. Now these are available in rounds and square lenses and put out the same output as the custom FX/R (Stanley) projectors I've been fitting for the last 2 years.

So now you guys who want to get the same output as the best aftermarket projector sold can with the new bolt in version designed by the same guys who designed the FX/Rs.

The great thing about these is they can be fitted at home with basic tools to your lights yourself with the instructions provided. I will still be doing retrofitting so if you want me to fit them then that's not an issue but it give you the opportunity to save yourself a bit of freight and labour costs if you want to have a crack yourself as it's full bolt in. The shrouds my need trimming but that's only if you choose an odd shroud.

Anyway enough dribbling here are the specs below.

Description

Probably our most anticipated product launch in a long time, the new 3.0 gives a whole new meaning to the Mini D2S. Retrofitters can relax and rejoice as the Mini D2S Three point O has finally arrived! All new from the solenoid up, the reinvented Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 will make every retrofitter re-think their next choice in projectors.

As the big brother to the popular Mini H1; the D2S 3.0 has grown in size and matured in every other way compared to the outgoing 2.0 model. Not only are the optics vastly improved, but the precision in the castings, the materials used for the bi-xenon mechanism and it's moving parts, to the the finishes applied from front to back - they're what we've been striving for all along: OEM quality in an aftermarket setting. With a high focus on quality in 2014, we're proud to put the D2S 3.0 on the table as our first official offering for the year.

Whats going to make them so popular? Amazing ease of installation relative to the amount of performance they produce, nothing can really compare. They produce a very wide beam pattern with a perfect distribution of light and top it off with a supremely sharp cutoff that will blow your mind. We're gonna go ahead and say not many projectors will out-shine the D2S 3.0 on the road and to be honest, we're a bit nervous about FX-R sales!

Another first! The optional "X" (Square) lens on the Morimoto D2S 3.0 is for those looking for something extra unique. Though shroud options are a bit limited for the X lens at this point, the projectors are also available with a traditional 3" round lens (O) to mate with all standard shrouds. Both lenses are 100% optically clear, so no need any upgrades here.

Installation Summary: Regardless of application, it really doesn't get much easier! Just remove the headlight lens, insert the threaded mounting shaft through the pre-existing hole in the back of the reflector, hand-tighten, check rotation, tighten, and re-seal headlights. Minimal cutting will probably be involved, but again - for the benefits, you'll find it well worth it.

Technical

Application: Universal (cars)
Dimensions

Depth 141mm Width 103mm Height 76mm Easy Mount Specs

Mounting Shaft Diameter 35mm Min Housing Depth Required 117mm Miscellaneous

X Lens 2.25 x 2.50" Square O Lens 3" Round
Size: Medium
Functionality: Low & High Beam (Bi-xenon)

Compatibility

No modification required: H4 headlights Minor modification required: H1, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9005, 9006, 9007 headlights Headlight Sizes: Medium to Large Bulbs: D2S HID Shrouds: All except Mini Gatling/Graphite
Pictures will come shortly as I'm getting some from my supplier which will be watermarked to stop counterfeiters. lol

Pricing will be the same as the Stanley projector kits even though these are a lot dearer projectors.

The down side is these will not fit the GQ headlights so if you want projectors for the GQ you still need to have them built by me. I can sell you the parts to do it yourself but it actually works out dear for you to do it yourself by the time you buy CV boots, lights, the correct glues and 9 time out of 10 the alignment is totally screwed up so honestly it's not worth trying yourself as many here have found out the hard way.

This is what true HID is supposed to look like. You will never ever get this output with the crap on ebay which is why the crap on ebay is cheap and very unreliable and blinds oncoming traffic. It's also the reason the highbeams are rubbish as HID NEEDs to be in a projector not a reflector.

Latestoutputpics019_zpsee21541a.jpg

Latestoutputpics025_zps8d621f2e.jpg

One projector will outperform 2 Navara headlights easily and the highbeams are like 2 spotlights. Anyone who has my kits in there car can vouch for this.

23ffeb06-5c55-457b-ac4c-76ac5181e691_zpsac4c7f6d.jpg

0945b5d5-a1eb-4c51-9c25-679d7e306867_zpsccf16961.jpg

I should also mention these put out easily 3 times the light the ebay Navara headlights do as the headlights on ebay are NOT projector hid there are only cheap halogen projectors that usually put out less light then a factory halogen. The ebay Navara headlights are available for $40 each from China and then sold with massive mark up on ebay so please don't compare that rubbish to what I'm selling here. lol

This is the true output of the ebay projector lights. As you can see the projectors aren't even level. The bulb output is different from one side to another and they use super cheap bulbs.

This is true projector lighting.

This also shows the 2 main colour variations. The left projector is running 5000K (whitest colour) and the right projector is running 4300K (OEM and brightest)

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

It's hard for me to break into the Navara market as most seem to just buy the cheap copy projectors off ebay and then think all projector lighting is like that. lol

Hey Mick love your work, they should allow properly designed HID conversions to be certified, then police the crap out of the cheap dodgy ones , last night coming of the beach couldn't see crap due to the guy parked with his eBay hid in his GQ ,

Thanks mate.

That is so true those $30 kits off ebay are everywhere and most of them only have one light working too. lol The output is rubbish and all they do is blind oncoming traffic.

I've actually retrofitted a few Police officers personal cars after seeing my retrofits so I've made a few sales by curious officers. I've done 4 now.

This below come from one of my customers which I retrofitted a new Triton for.

I had to take an urgent business trip to the Gold Coast yesterday and didn't return until late last night. I pasted several QLD Police vehicles including 2 highway patrol vehicles, one of which was parked beside me at traffic lights. I could see them looking hard at the GLX-R but not a single comment. I crossed the border into NSW where on the southern side of Tweed Heads a fully marked NSW Police highway patrol car came from no where and pulled in front of me. I had to exit at Chindera for fuel. The Police vehicle exited too. I had no choice but to pull in behind him for fuel. Here I was thinking "here we go, 100km from home, 7mths pregnant wife and going to be defected for headlights what am I going to do how will I get home?"
Nice (for once) highway patrol officer comes to me and says "Hmmm nice HID headlights you've got there, do them yourself?"
I reply "Hmm well umm no point denying they are HID is there".
I get a laugh and a reply "no mate all good you're not in trouble and that's why we pulled in front of you back up on the highway so we could see if they were in our eyes and they weren't at all, not even reflecting off the signs."
So we began talking about them and I showed them the lights and explained as to why I have them and how terrible the Triton lights are and how dangerous they were and how I believe I'm a safer driver on the road because of the HID upgrades. Both officers parting comments were "if everyone built and made their headlights like that when they did HID upgrades there wouldn't be an issue." Off they then drove.

Pricing and options are all listed on the first page mate.

Both kits on front page fit Navaras and any other H4 headlight in car, bike or quad.

Cheers Mick

mick presume if I have a st 2013 model its the really expensive 1200 dollar job as the only option still?

We can do them cheaper now but there something that still cant be done at home.

We can do the for $945 now using the Stanley projector kit.

Cheers Mick

hey man,

i have 2009 D40 can you send me the parts to do it myself? or needs cutting??

thanks

Yes mate I have the bolt in 2.5 inch kits which are $350 ot the 3 inch bolt in kits which are $445 (50 watt $465).

Both kits are full bolt in but the projector shrouds will need trimming to suit your light. The wiring harness is fully plug and play.

Cheers Mick

Yes mate I have the bolt in 2.5 inch kits which are $350 ot the 3 inch bolt in kits which are $445 (50 watt $465).

Both kits are full bolt in but the projector shrouds will need trimming to suit your light. The wiring harness is fully plug and play.

Cheers Mick

thanks for your quick response ! wow im excited that can be done in my truck! so only the shroud needs trimming..i see in pictures that there are different shrouds..all of them need trimming? maybe if you send me the more shallow shroud? i dont know just asking! i have done anything on my truck by myself turbo, intercooler, decat,! but totally noob on this!

There pretty straight forward to fit mate but I always try and send a shroud that suits the car, projectors and headlights the best.

If you want to go ahead with it just send me a pm with your full name, address, email and contact number and I can send you an invoice one I know what options your after.

Cheers Mick

Latest posts

Back