Micks HID Projector Retrofits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this kit make it legal to run HID head lights in the nav? Thought they needed to be able to electronically adjust the height of them to be considered legal.

Brett
No. Even changing your bulbs to a higher wattage is illegal. The electronically adjustable option is available though if you want to spend extra money fitting it but it's as useless as the same set ups on the $300,000 lexus's.

Very interested in putting these in the gruglux (95 4runner non import).
Xrox bar is being fitted next week and wondering the cost for the kit plus the amber LED for the indicator in the headlight which i would need to make it legal with the xrox bar ?
I don't get what your referring to with the indicator. Putting the indicator in the headlight is no more legal then having no indicator. You need to have an indicator visible either in the bar or in the guard. An ambler angel eyes wont be enough.

Is this what your talking about?

A normal 3 inch 50 watt projector set up is $370 plus freight without any other options.

Cheers Mick.

I gather you need to pull the headlight apart to fit these...Keen to see if the lights on a X-Trail can be done as my wife's car is crap in the lighting department and HIDs only made it brighter crap...

Yes mate I can do any car, motorbike, quad, truck or 4wd.

All I need to know is if it's H4 and a pic of the headlight and I can work the rest out.

Yes the lens comes off the light but there are detailed instructions on how to do it or I can do the retrofitting side of it for you if you send me the lights.

Cheers Mick.

D40 done.
was a bit more to it than expected but mick was helpful.
angel eyes wired as running lights, led t10 parkers fitted, 50hid projectors, modified amber indicator globes fitted and amber lens removed.
had planned to run led strips down inside edge and along bottom as park lights but glue wasnt being very cooperative.
can wait to check output on way home tomorrow night, too many beers cleaning up shed after shit weekend pulling car apart in the rain.
really wanted to go black reflectors and green devil eyes but dont need any extra attention.

Attachments

• HID1.jpg
    HID1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 276
  • HID2.jpg
    HID2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 277
Everything is fitted to the inside of your light so yes there sealed.

They handled the mud run at Tuff Truck this weekend so they will handle anything a road registered car will ever throw at them. lol

Cheers Mick.

For the 3inch Stanley projector kit it's $420 and $300 installation.

For the 3inch Q5 bolt in it's $370 and $150 installation.

The Stanley projectors are a better quality projector but they require more time to fit and also require the light housings to be cut.

The Q5s are just a bolt in kit so there labour costs are less and don't require gluing in as well.

Freight is about $50 each way.

Cheers Mick

Hi Mick, I have an 2011 stx 550 navara and I notcied on the driver side right hand side there is a switch to adjust the level of the light in the car I.e for towing heavy loads re adjust light level. Will this still work?

Luke

Yes mate they do.

You have a more complex light then others though. With your light the lens need to be cut off to fit the projector not heated in an oven because the glues are different.

Cheers Mick

Thanks mick, I'm assuming your charge to fit those to my model will be more than $100. How much to supply and install? Do you have any pics of it done to an stx 550? Luke

Hi there,

Projector kits look great - and from the pics they put out a crap load of light too!

For curiousities sake - I would like to understand what actually happens if you just replace the H4 halogen globe with a drop in HID globe?
Does continued use over time end up wrecking the OEM reflector? due to heat? or?

I read somewhere that OEM reflectors are designed to reflect halogen light - and don't reflect HID very well, a lot of light is lost etc...?
Is that true?
Isn't light - light? isn't a reflective surface - a reflective surface?
I mustn't have been listening when we did the physics of refraction and reflection at high school...

I noticed Lightforce have released an upgrade kit for thier halogen lights (e.g. 240 Blitz) - to HID.
Looks a lot like it is just a simple replacement of the halogen globe with a HID "globe"
Does that mean.. it's a bit shit?
Or are original Lightforce reflectors a different kettle of fish to the original reflectors in an OEM 4wd headlght?

Interested in your comment.

Rather then me getting cramps writing the same thing over and over I'll put a link to a thread which will answer most of your questions. There is heaps of info and pics of the 2 showing why HID is designed for projectors.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=145937

Forget about spotlights though as the reason for projector lighting is to control the light but with a spot light know one really cares where the light goes. A projector set up for spot will outshine anything Light force can produce though. HID was designed for projectors and was never designed to be used in a reflector. HID runs cooler then halogen but if you read the above link it will explain everything in detail.

Cheers Mick

hey mick, just wondering if you could email the instructions for the d40 early model

so that i can squize thru them to decide whether or not to do it myself

Hey Mick, After reading thru this thread and the one on patrol4x4 I still have a couple o qs. I have an 07 D40 and Im pretty keen to put in projectors. Would I have to cut the hole in the reflector or does your kit just mount from the front. Also is the only way to get park lights by using halos. Any info would be great.
Cheers
Mat.

Hey Mick, After reading thru this thread and the one on patrol4x4 I still have a couple o qs. I have an 07 D40 and Im pretty keen to put in projectors. Would I have to cut the hole in the reflector or does your kit just mount from the front. Also is the only way to get park lights by using halos. Any info would be great.
Cheers
Mat.
The bolt is kits are exactly that just a bolt in kit with no cutting and the other kits require cutting of the reflectors to fit.

Yes the only way you can have parkers in your housing is by using angel eyes or led strips.

Cheers Mick

Fully bolt in 2.5inch projector kits $250

This kit is a full bolt in kit.

There is no cutting or modifying of the housing at all other then a tine hole for 2 wires. If you ever smash a headlight the projector can be removed and fitted to a new headlight without any dramas. If you happen to smash the projector as well or break a shroud I have everything available individually.

This kit has everything you need to fit them to your headlights and whats included plus options are listed below.

2 X 2.5 INCH RIGHT HAND DRIVE SCREW IN BI-XENON PROJECTORS (HIGH AND LOW BEAM)
2 X SHROUDS OF YOUR CHOICE
2 X 35 WATT BALLASTS (these don't have a 50 watt option)
2 X D2S BALLAST TO BULB ADAPTORS
2 X 35 WATT D2S BULBS (AVAILABLE IN 4300K, 5000K, AND 6000K)
1 X H4 WIRING LOOM WHICH IS PLUG AND PLAY
2 X ALCOHOL WIPES FOR CLEANING PROJECTORS AND BULBS PRIOR TO FITTING
2 X LOCATORS TO SUIT AUSTRALIAN ROADS WHICH ARE LASER CUT FROM STAINLESS STEEL (NO OTHER KIT COMES WITH THESE)
1 X DETAILED SET OF COLOURED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIT THE KIT

THERE ARE ALSO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE BELOW
OSRAM BULBS IN 4150K + $100
DEVILS EYES ARE AVAILABLE IN RED, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE AND PURPLE.
LED ANGEL EYES + $40 FOR THE FIRST PAIR. (AVAILABLE IN WHITE FOR PARKERS AND ORANGE FOR INDICATORS) IF YOU WANT BOTH IT'S +$80
2 COMPONENT EPOXY GLUE FOR HOLDING ANGEL EYES AND SHROUDS ON + $15
UPGRADE TO THE STANLEY WIRING LOOM + $30
This is the upgraded loom if anyone wants to know.

Holidaypics2013305_zpsf0876cf0.jpg

output shots

before retrotfit
HIDprojectorconversion1013.jpg

low beam
lightaftershots001.jpg

highbeam

lightaftershots004.jpg

These kits are on sale for a limited time for $250

Cheers Mick

Latest posts

Back