MAT713's 2012 D22 ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh doesn't look too bad until you forget the tongue on lol I know cause mine is the same

exactly right! I always have evil thoughts if someone is tailgating me and I have my towball on - I think most cars wouldnt even touch the tub but I could leave a nasty hole in the front of theirs

Yeh you will find that it sticks out enough to reverse park against walls and hit it without hitting the tailgate.. I used to do it all the time with the tongue on lol

G'day Mat

Lovely Truck you got going there. I noticed in one of the other threads you mentioned you had a diff drop? I know a lot of others as well as myself would be very interested in this. Is there any chance you could post a bit of information on that?

Cheers
-Shay

Hey bud I read there you used plastidip what did you think of it. Any good?

Hey Mat713 love the ute. I have a 2010 silver as well. Picking up my xrox bar tomorrow. Seems simple enough to fit. Did you spray the plastidip and how well is it standing up to use so far. Seems like the easiest solution to the one thing I didn't like about the xrox, the view of the front of the car. Cheers Ben

plastidip is an amazing product, i've been using it even in a chemical plant to cover some devices cause of corrosion.

is pretty easy to apply:

1.- with a sandpaper, sand the area till it loses the gloss effect(on plastic use 800+ on metal use 400+)
2.- clean very well the area, with alcohol or any product that can remove the grase.
3.- cover all the area that you dont want to get painted!! plastidip is like lacquer, goes everywhere.
4.- apply plastidip far as 30cm or so, and dont try to cover all with plastidip, you have to do around 4 layers of plastidip to get a durable and good painting.

that is all!!

like i said, when this product is applied well, it can last a lot.

greetings!

Ps: BTW i not plastidip seller, just a user of this product

Matt, what make and name wheels do you run , cost and where did you get them from ?

also the front long travel shocks >?///,,,same info mate please.

I run the Calmini shocks and dont provide the on road damping I'd like.

thanks

Hi Mattie, I was wondering did you have any height measurements after body lift and suspension lift? I just want to compare my measurements against another one. I think I'm going to have to body lift its just not high enough with just suspension haha.

Cheers

-Tyler

Cheers sunny coaster, just what I was after. With body lift in I would be pretty much the exact same with similar bumpstop gap.

-Tyler

G'day Mat

Lovely Truck you got going there. I noticed in one of the other threads you mentioned you had a diff drop? I know a lot of others as well as myself would be very interested in this. Is there any chance you could post a bit of information on that?

Cheers
-Shay

Hi Shay, I've had a few private messages asking me about this, so I will make a new thread shortly with all of their info.

tough looking ute mate..
nice evo in the back :cheers!:

I can't take credit for owning that one, thats my lil brothers. I did use to drive evo X's for work though

It's good stuff, not cheap but the ease of it makes it worth while - hasn't chipped or cracked

Hey Mat713 love the ute. I have a 2010 silver as well. Picking up my xrox bar tomorrow. Seems simple enough to fit. Did you spray the plastidip and how well is it standing up to use so far. Seems like the easiest solution to the one thing I didn't like about the xrox, the view of the front of the car. Cheers Ben

Matt, what make and name wheels do you run , cost and where did you get them from ?

also the front long travel shocks >?///,,,same info mate please.

I run the Calmini shocks and dont provide the on road damping I'd like.

thanks

Wheels are Mickey Thompson Classic Black II 16 x 8 +0 Offset... I don't think they make II's anymore and its only a very slight difference on the lip for the new Classic Black III's. One of my bosses is sponsored by Mickey Thompson so I had actually used his contacts for the wheels.

They are just the normal high end Bilsteins but designed for vehicles that have been lifted. They have awesome ride quality and they don't top put. City Suspension at Springwood is where I got em

Had a productive day, started and finished my new rear shelf.
Q5GMRKQ.jpg

It doesn't suit everyone, but for my needs it will be perfect on the trip. Very simplified design, even managed to use the existing seat hinges to hold it in place.

mTuGGrx.jpg

Then it got a quick clean ready for tomorrows full pack up. Leaving 2am Friday morning, cant wait!

Where ya headed? Rear shelf looks good!
Cheers mate, happy with how it turned out considering how useless I am on the tools.

Over the next 8 days doing the following:

Gold Coast
Warwick
Inglewood
Goondiwindi
Boggabilla
Mungindi
Collarenebri
Walgett
Brewarrina
Bourke
Wanaaring
Tibooburra
Cameron Corner
Strzelecki Track
Lyndhurst
Marree
Mungerannie
Birdsville - Inside track
Koonchera Dune
Innamincka
Cameron Corner - Bore trk
Hungerford - Bulloo Downs
Eulo
Cunnamulla
St George
Goondiwindi
Warwick
Gold Coast

Trucks looking awesome mate and is sitting nice and level with the 2and2 lift as well, How much space do you have between your bumpstops...? Mine sit at 830 from bottom of the rim to the arch and I have about 15mm between the stops.... The 33's deffinately make it look higher as well, doing a 4 wk swing in the Nullabor Desert so hopefully when I get back i'll be able to buy some goodies for the Nav

Trucks looking awesome mate and is sitting nice and level with the 2and2 lift as well, How much space do you have between your bumpstops...? Mine sit at 830 from bottom of the rim to the arch and I have about 15mm between the stops.... The 33's deffinately make it look higher as well, doing a 4 wk swing in the Nullabor Desert so hopefully when I get back i'll be able to buy some goodies for the Nav

Had about 12-13mm gap between the bumpstops, however the nose of my car has sagged during the road trip. Not sure if its the adjusters at fault or the bars just aren't up to the task.

Our road trip was cut short unfortunately, one of the riders had to be flown out by the Royal Flying Doctor Service after having a little fall.

Day 1 - 4am start, flat tyre 4:05am! One bike luckily just had a knackered valve. Other then a long day with lots of km's travelled it went smooth.
Gold Coast
Warwick
Inglewood
Goondiwindi
Boggabilla
Mungindi
Collarenebri
Walgett
Brewarrina - Bush camped just before town.

Day 2 - 7am start, plan was to make Cameron Corner pending weather and road conditions. Other then dodging the occasional bit of wild life the day was running smoothly. Just before Tibooburra we had a rear wheel bearing fail on one of the bikes, we were well prepared and back on the road in 30 mins.

Then the rain came. We rolled into the Tibooburra dry, the riders however we feeling it. Every track was now closed except the final track to Cameron Corner however the lady at the servo warned us that it will be closed within 10 minutes, so with a very quick fuel stop we hit the last leg for the day!

What a ride and drive! The red dirt / sand tracks out there just turned into slick ice with the rain fall. The boys were riding all puckered up while I was driving beaming ear to ear sliding every corner I could. Made it in just on sunset hanging for a rumbo, with the weather turned bad we decided to splurge and grab a cabin.
Brewarrina
Bourke
Wanaaring
Tibooburra
Cameron Corner

Day 3 - With the shit weather and everything down south VERY wet we decided to do the Strzelecki section reverse to our original plans. The goal was Innamincka then Birdsville. Big km's for the riders but certainly capable if the weathers holds out. Luckily it did, tracks were however damp still but drying. 25km's short of Innamincka one of our riders had a fall off the bike. 80km/h stack's are never good, I still think in hindsight we came out very lucky overall. We knew the dangers going into this. Crashes are something that can happen, unfortunately it did.

The rider had his front steering dampener would right up and came up to a blind but tightening corner. This combo lead to him run wide and then get bucked off going through the spoon drain. Cartwheeling bike, rag dolling rider came to a halt. I rode the bike into Innamincka, Dad drove my car & the rider went passenger for the next very painful 25km's.

A have to say, that everyone at Innamincka went above and beyond to help our injured rider. The shop gave us full access to their facilities and provided fantastic support. A local mine had 2 first aid officers nearby and they drove out to be first response, whilst in full contact with the royal flying doctor service they helped stabilise and prep our patient for his VIP flight to Broken Hill. Touchwood, no neck or spinal injuries. Just a couple of ribs and a smashed collarbone.

With the moral low, we decided to make our way back home and finish the trip properly another time.
Cameron Corner - Bore trk
Innamincka
Cameron Corner

pics soon!

Latest posts

Back