MAT713's 2012 D22 ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, Whats the AVO kit that you were talking about a few posts back...?

AVO have a fly by wire throttle controller unit - it has 9 stages ranging from the standard factory setting to full aggression (100% throttle control)

A standard D22 is naturally doughy of the line, however alot of this has to do with the delay in the throttle control. Many might of come across its inability to rev up off a hill start with a heavy load or trailer. This was a safety backdown to save life on the clutch. Gives you an instant hit of power instead of a steady smooth power band. However I didn't need it because my new tune happening this week allows me to fully reprogram the throttle control anyways :)

Well now, doesnt that sound interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about that/seeing the results!

Hmmmm sounds pretty interesting, I've got the steinbauer chip which helps a lot but might want a little extra help once I have a set of 33's on.... cheers for the reply

Had a play today - Glass House Mountains

Was fairly happy with how it performed on some of the ragged stuff.

2GRmBQY.jpg

TTj6JP2.jpg

ql42sWd.jpg

Got away with panel damage with some sheer luck in the deep dry ruts, not just the driver side but also the rear over hang of the tub.

TO DO LIST:

DX towbar with some under body bar work, so I can skull drag the rear

Front E Locker, the car will inherently pick wheels up, need better drive

Unfortunately tune still hasn't happened.

Works out better for me, as I'd prefer having the e locker and rear bar work than more grunt

Well after 7 months & 25,000 km's something finally had to break!

Apparently its a fairly common weakness, it was the hardest hill climb I had ever attempted too.

I got very lucky it happened about 500m from a road, so I just limped it back chasing all the wet mud tracks and waited for RACQ!

In the end managed to bend both tie rods 90 degrees, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye - just having a look around at the aftermarket ones.

I was going to go superior engineering, but stock seems to be an issue, might have to lash out on the old girl and get the snake kit. Anyone tried the call off road tie rod adjusters?

Pigeon Toe
PDVPmF7.jpg

Banana
gGCh9wm.jpg

Bag of dicks
yRK0aQH.jpg

Hey Mattie.

Its certainly looking like a sweet rig. Do you have Bilsteins up front with the calmini arms? I have the arms just no shocks to suit as the efs gear is to short.

We must do a group run to the coomera tracks. Nevere knew they had any but they look good. I will be giving my elocker a workout tomoz and ill keep everyone informed on how it runs.

Oh also badluck on the tie rods. They are the weak point ecspecially with 33s :D

cheers rustynav!

yeah I got the Bilsteins in the front - ive been a few others with different shocks, EFS, OME, tough dog, none matched the ride comfort of the these.

Yeah most of the Coomera tracks are pretty simple, except this one hill climb I had only just found - but its easy to get to and you can still have fun.

tie rods were bound to happen, time for better gear now

Anychance you can let me know the part number? Its the last bit before the arms go on. I spoke to a bilstein dealer and he told me they wont fit for 3" lift. They obviously have enough travel if you have themm fitted :)

Spewing about the tie rods I saw the pictures on Instagram on Sunday Arvo, not what you want to end the weekend. The superior rods are meant to be the go aren't they? Are the snake items just the calmini ones like the arms?

I've never been through coomera but it looks like a good run without needing too much time.

-Tyler

Snake racing tie rods are in, gonna have to buy an 8" grinder and hack into the rails and make some more clearance for them.

I think now thats why the bent in the first place, few tell tale marks on them already. So now with the big stronger ones in + more clearance I should now break the drag link next haha!

Had a play today with some friends out at the Yarrabilba power line tracks! My first time there, can't wait to try it in the wet!

VzUXbkG.jpg

Hey mat did u have to get tie adjusters and ends ?! Or just the tie tod adjusters ?
Cheers George

Same thing happend to my truck yesturday had to get winched out of there ... What a expensive day

Yeah I got some snaps today - I fitted up my ARB roll pan plate too, if you were happy to leave the towbar in the standard position its perfect. Simple, neat & does the job.

After lunch I'm gonna have a look at how the towbar looks flipped upside down. I think it will fit pretty well but I may have to sacrifice the ARB roll pan

Hey mate love the ute looks great, where did you grab that rear bar filler?? am looking for something similar.

Cheers Steve

Back