Long time reader and first post

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just thought I'd finally say Hi. I love the forums and specially all the tech articles. I own a 2006 Navara D22 STR and have modified it a bit :proud:
I just ordered a front diff lock from 4WD systems and hope to fit it myself soon.
I'm a DIY fanatic and have, apart from my suspension, performed all the mods myself thanks to these forums. cheers guys

Had a look at your garage. Nice work.
Q's about the awning.
Had thought about one for mine ( the Donkey appreciates some shade ) but height seemed to be an issue. I'm 6ft and there is no way I could see myself fitting under it without stooping down. Given that yours is fitted to the basket and over hangs aft how does it go for vibration and flex? ARB told me that they should be mounted with no more than 300mm overhang at each end. Could be more or less - my mammary isn't what it used to be

My awning is attached to my roof racks and not the basket, by two L shaped brackets which is probably the same for a variety of different vehicles therefore should have the same strength. It does hang a little bit further out, but I have not noticed any great flexing and I've had it on for places like landcruiser mountain park and no damage at all. Height is always going to be a problem but if your siting in a chair with a beer in hand on the beach it shouldn't bother you too much.

I'll take some photo's of the mods and get them up soon as the rain clears.

Latest posts

Back