Lightbar Switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_dunks

Reaction score
G'day Guys,

Needing to put a new switch in the ute for a lightbar I've got. Only problem is it's got 3 wires... Red, black and yellow. Got no idea what to do here. The switch I got from Repco has 3 points to connect wires too. They say: power, ACC & Ground. Any idea what wires connects to what?

I bought a narva switch and it had a diagram on the back of it.
You should be able to find an example online or perhaps on the narva website.
It also needs to be linked to your high beam for it to be legal.

It also needs to be linked to your high beam for it to be legal.

what if there was a separate switch and it didn't have anything to do with your lights? wouldn't be to much extra work would it??

what if there was a separate switch and it didn't have anything to do with your lights? wouldn't be to much extra work would it??
Depends where it's mounted. But I wouldn't be running a light bar straight through a switch without a relay anyway. with a relay, you just connect the power wire to the switch from the high beam wire in the steering column, acc on switch to pin 86 on the relay and earth to earth. On the relay, pin 85 is earth, pin 30 is fused 12v input and pin 87 is output to the light bar.

The idea behind having to be triggered by high beam is so it can't be switched on without having the high beams on... I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement in all states...

I got it professionally installed...although I'm starting to think not. It's on the alloy bar and runs directly to a switch in the cab.

Hmmm... roof lights are still a very grey area. Did the switch that is on it currently break or something? Or you just want to replace it with a different looking one?

G'day

Would the third wire be for when parkers r on on hook it like the angel eye thing? My led indicator/parker lights have an extra wire for "daytime running light mode" which is only a couple of LEDs on. I hooked it in with parkers to have brighter parkers. On the rep I switch is it one that is supposed to light up when activated?

Cheers

Leayton

Hi Guys,

The old switch broke as it was a crappy push on/off one. I ended up pretty much rewiring the whole thing myself and connected it to the high beams with the help of google images! I've decided i'll probably try and do most things myself now instead of paying someone to do a half assed job!

Thanks for your help with this too! Everyone has been great

It always pays to try and do some things yourself!

And as you have found out it is not that hard.
All you really need is a test light (and maybe a multimeter) and dam does it feel good when you achieve what you wanted yourself!!!

Well done on fixing the problem.

Latest posts

Back