lift kits.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havnt done one in my Nav but in my Patrol I used a jack and done one side then the other.

You wont want to be jerking it around much. A jack is a nice controlled way to do it I recon.

Does anybody who's done a home grown body lift have an estimate of the weight of their cab? Did you use a lever to lift it those few millimetres, a jack, a few strong blokes or some other means?

Heavy, I used the sissor jack thats behind the rear seat :dong:
Used various lengths of tree truck(s) cut to size to help spread the load/make up the difference in length...

Do one side at a time. Rear two blocks first, then front 2.

You actually lift the body up around 3" (for 2" lift) becasue your lifting weight of the chassis/springs and it raises as well.

See the write up in the DIY mods section.

Het Trotter,

I went into Suspension Stuff today and got some new Lovells shocks and some advice on lifting the rear with bags and then winding up the torsion bars too. My D22 is also stock apart from Cooper ST's. I'm at Loganholme, go 4wding out forestdale way a bit with a mate and his Hilux if you're interested in tagging along? You should check out 4x4earth.com.au too!

If i missed it i am sorry but how much is it to lift an 03 navara str by 2" ? and can i fit the wheel/tyre combo off my gq patrol..they are 33x12.5x15's
thanks in advance
chris

Yep sissor jack was the way i did it with a block of wood. Undo all of the body bolts first and then lift slowly trying to even out the weight.

Don't remove all the bolts at once!!!

Just one side at a time. If the body moves, it's hard to get it back in alignment! With the bolts loosened (not removed) they help keep then body aligned.

OK, for a dumb arse, exactly what happens on a body lift? Sounds too easy that you simply lift if off the chassis a bit, does anything need to be extended etc?

See the write up in the DIY mods section.

Sorry if my question started a string of how do I... questions that are giving you the irrits, Tommy, I didn't mean it. I've been trawling the world for an estimate of the weight of a cab for when I do my swap and I figured body lifts were the closest thing on here to physically lifting the cab.

Latest posts

Back