Leaky boost gasket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamad

Reaction score
IMG_20221231_085046.jpgAs you can see I've got a bit of a leak on the elbow that comes off the turbo. I'm getting a bit of black smoke when reversing and on start up, and when pushing the revs. When the engine is up to temp not much that I can see though. The turbo is making a funny sound when I restart the engine when it is warm. No real noise when cold or when at temp. Boost pressure seems OK, maybe a fraction lower than usual.
Can I just unbolt and clean it up an re-gasket ( tube stuff ? ) or is there something more serious going on.
Engine was recently rebuilt after timing chain failure and at first there was diesel getting in the sump which set off the DPF. That was all fixed so not sure if it's related.

Yeah don't sweat too much about that joint, just use something suitable for the heat. It's near the exhaust manifold and the incoming air will be north of 200C.

I use Permatex Ultra Blue.

Thanks Tony.
I'm sure I'm not the only forum member who appreciates your knowledge and advice, have a great new year !

Latest posts

Back