Knocking navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissanconvert

Reaction score
Morning guys,

Just thought I might ask this of the forum before I take it to Nissan. I have a 2011 d22 STR and it has developed a slight knock to the rear left of the vehicle (sounds like it is just behind the left rear seat).

The knock is more noticeable on crappy bitumen roads, when cornering and when taking off. It has become more noticeable when taking off from a stationary position where there would be 2 or 3 Knocks or louder creaking noises coming from that rear area.

I have done some research on the forum which may suggest it is the body mounts. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am not too mechanically minded so I don't know what to look for underneath. My closest Nissan dealership is 3 hours from me so was wondering if I could get the forums option which may be a quick fix.

Any thoughts?

Nah I agree with tony, even if it's a three hour drive, take it back, get them to fix any issues under warranty and it's all on record should any other issues arise with the same problem.

It might only be a small risk but if you stuff around with something and break it Nissan are possibly within the rights to refuse to fix it when it's too late. For a minor problem I myself would worry about effecting warranty but since you don't know what the issue is or how bad it is and admit to being "not too mechanically minded" starting a record with Nissan might just be your best bet.

Without sounding like a smartarse, the jack is tight in the holder is it. i know i have a heap of shite behind my back seat and once in a while i get things banging around

↑↑
What he said. My jack and tyre iron bang around behind my seat. Just check it has not come loose before you go for a drive. I also agree if it is in warranty get the bastards to fix what ever it is.

there is a thread on this subject somewhere in here

some believe its the door striker mechanisms, some the body mounts and I something else...take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to grab anything back there - door included - and give it a shake. If there's any movement, that movement could translate into a knock.

I would definitely have a look before driving 3 hours to Nissan, because if it turns out to be that lost jar of pickled onions, you'll be highly embarrassed. If it's the door striker, or the jack (and it's not just because you've not replaced it properly) then Nissan should act to fix it.

mine gets new body mounts under warranty on tuesday
is the sound worse on a cold morning ?

Yeah def worse on cold mornings/days. Can anyone post a pic of the body mount(s) so I know what they look like / damaged? Are these able to be greased up ?

i have also had all 4 doors adjusted by nissan twice now as the strikers seem to move and doors rattle
have you checked your rear seat headrests,mine were loose
nissan only replaced 1 front d/side mount last week ,car still has rattles
ime done with maitland nissan
next stop
nissan australia (again,worked last time)

also if the window's arnt adjusted properly they'll rattle/bang on rough roads.... ik cause mine did

Latest posts

Back