intermittent and sudden power loss 2011 d22 4x2

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscillo

Reaction score
hi there guys im new to the forums and am finding some useful info on here. i currently have a fleet of 10 d22 navaras from 2010 model to 2013. 4x str dual cab 4x4 and 6 x 4x2 sigle cab.

our utes have alot of idle time due to being on roadworks with flashing lights and have issues getting power when leaving a job, i have put this down to fouling of the injectors and a few revs in neutral and a puff of smoke out the back seems to fix that.

however there is one ute with a seperate issue, its a 2011 4x2 d22 single cab. the issue seems to be when under acceleration/boost and is intermittent, might not happen for 200 km or so and then all of a sudden you go to overtake and put your foot down and it will start to go and come on power then all of a sudden drop power almost to the point of engine braking and thrust you forward from the seat for about 2-3 seconds then back to full power and then loss of power again, it seems to do it twice very close together when it does play up and the engine doesnt sputter or run rough and no waring lights appear. when it does play up it can be early morning with a cold engine or on the highway after an hours drive. have recently replaced the fuel filter which hasnt solved the issue. also looked for fault codes but none came up, however havnt checked for codes when it actually plays up as i cant recreate the issue

Any advice on what to look for would be much appreciated as our nearest nissan dealer is 400km away and i dont wanna drive there and have them not find anything as the issue cannot be recreated on demand.

Use the search forum's search function, specifically looking for NPS (neutral position switch) and compare symptoms. you may come up empty but its a start

i have had a look at that and have done a test which involves running the ute and hitting the heater switch and then while sitting still put the clutch in and cycle through all gears and wiggle the stick in all gears. the switch seems to function normally as revs drop to normal in each gear and dont spike while moving the stick around in each gear and then when put back into neutral the revs raise due to the heater switch

Purchase yourself a scanguage2 , it plugs in in seconds and can be swapped from truck to truck , run that in the troublesome truck as it stores the fault codes , it can also clear codes as well , around $ 200.00 delivered

I was just reading on another forum about head issues and a similar problems came up that someone was talking about.
Their issue was about the 2800-2900 rpm you would loose about 10-15psi. It turned out to be a neutral gear switch cutting in. He said if it happens you can just hold the gearstick left or right at the boost kicks back in. Might be worth a try.
T54

i have had a small win in finding the issue. the vehicle played up on me yesterday and entered limp mode. racq bloke put a scan on it today and came up with code
P1272
according to the forum P1272 is as follows

p1272
fuel rail pressure sensor
in a nut shell you were giveing it some and the fuel pressure spiked in the rail above the safe zone so the computer said open the flood gates and get the fuel out (at the back of the rail is the presure release valve) and at the same time the computer said lets go to safe mode to save any further damage
give the earth beside the ecu a clean it is the main earth for all the fuel stuff when you clean it spread the little legs and check its not starting to rot out behind the solider were you cant see it
and carry out a fuel relearn
and your problems should go away unless you have a more sinister problem

this most definitely explains my issues and sudden power loss however when doing 100+ on the highway it doesn't seem to enter limp mode but if it plays up at a lower speed it goes into limp mode. So i'll be telling the Nissan dealer its unsafe to drive in for them to fix so put it on a truck and sort it

Latest posts

Back