2011 D22 Clutch Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausfederal

Reaction score
I need help, and answers to the possible cause of why my clutch has suddenly lost all tension in the pedal and is not cutting the power to the engine, even when fully pressed. I was at the traffic lights waiting to take off - the clutch was pushed in like usual, with the gear stick in 1st gear. When I took my foot off the brake, the car started to move as if the clutch was let go but it wasn't, it was still pushed in. It was like the clutch suddenly went on it's own. There was no noises or any sense of something going wrong - it was sudden and unexpected. I could still drive and change gears without any issue but I can't cut the power to the engine using the clutch like normal now. I got home and into the driveway but now i'm worried if I try to drive or move the car, it might make it worse. Any suggestions or advice would be terrific. And that's just one of many issues I have with this Ute

Had a similar problem yesterday.
Clutch pedal went and is now loose without any connection to the clutch. After checking the hydraulic system seems to be fine. Made my way down to the clutch fork and it is really loos so either the fork or bearing broke.

When you said you can shift gears. How can you shift them?

Possible faults that can cause this:

- Broken thrust bearing
- Broken thrust fork
- Damaged hydraulic arm
- Damaged/worn pressure plate
- Excessive wear of clutch
- Contaminant (oil) on clutch face
- Stripped splines inside clutch or on gearbox input shaft

The thrust bearing/fork has been an issue in the past.

Latest posts

Back