Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys

got my cooler all plumbed and mounted tonight, used 2" steel pipe, powdercoated. ran the pipes through near the top right corner of the radiator and cut a small hole about 50mm below the washer bottle and had my second pipe come through there.

more photos tommrrow but doing it this way was very simple and didnt require me to run it throough the wheel well.

cooler.jpg

hey guys

got my cooler all plumbed and mounted tonight, used 2" steel pipe, powdercoated. ran the pipes through near the top right corner of the radiator and cut a small hole about 50mm below the washer bottle and had my second pipe come through there.

more photos tommrrow but doing it this way was very simple and didnt require me to run it throough the wheel well.

cooler.jpg

looks awsome. which cooler kit is this?

Just wondering if I can fit a winch in behind the bar if I have a front mount xr6 intercooler.. Anyone have any experiences with this?

Last edited:

Has anyone been able to find any info on this kit, it looks as good as any of the kits I've seen.
Wonder what the price was/is?

If that kit cant be found. Id probably look at one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTERCOO...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1de3094c and try to fit it up similar to the aseturbo kit but run the piping a bit differently.

If I make my own piping up I want to use mild steel to save on cost and for the ease of being able to mig weld it up myself.

I'm just wondering what to use for the barb/outlet for the boost sensor and gauge. What have you guys been using for this?

Has anyone been able to find any info on this kit, it looks as good as any of the kits I've seen.
Wonder what the price was/is?

If that kit cant be found. Id probably look at one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTERCOO...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1de3094c and try to fit it up similar to the aseturbo kit but run the piping a bit differently.

If I make my own piping up I want to use mild steel to save on cost and for the ease of being able to mig weld it up myself.

I'm just wondering what to use for the barb/outlet for the boost sensor and gauge. What have you guys been using for this?

Iwas looking into those intercoolers you mention^^ same core size and tanks except with both outlets pointing same way, ie; towards passenger side of yr nav. Would have been a bit close to winch,, cos would have to go in front of the central support in front of the rad. If you dont have a winch and not planning on getting one, you can go a bigger cooler than that. Am also looking forward to hearing what ppl used for the barb fitting. If nothing comes up il just tap and screw one in to the ally pipe, or see if the local friendly neighbourhood rad shop can weld something in.

Just an after thought; if you dont have a winch just buy this off me $50.
Unlike the cheap chinese ebay crap, will stand up to moths, grass hoppers and other bugs during highway driving without shitting itself, and you know they flow 240kw.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 91
Funnily enough rabbit-chop, Ive already got an XR6 IC, and its also now for sale.
Not going to fit as ive just fitted a winch.

The IC on ebay that I posted about above could be mounted sideways with the outlets at the top and bottom, will fit in width wise the same as the aseturbo IC as theyre the same size core.

Might be a snug fit at the top and bottom with a short radius reducer elbow on each but I'm running a 2in body lift so I should get away with it, then run a pipe to the turbo along the passenger side chassis rail, and run the top pipe the same as most of the others have been run.

Although I'd like to look more into the modyourcar IC kit if it can be tracked down before I go down that path.

Last edited:
oh yeah, actually that'd work better than what i had in mind, but i cant do it cos no lift, with plumbing going around chassis rail the i/c wouldnt fit. Actually, after looking at the xr6 unit again, i myt hang on to it and get one of the tanks modded, i reckon i can get it in vertically. If i get too much pressure drop with the puny item ive got coming in the mail, i'l use the xr6.

Latest posts

Back