Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im going to give the xr6 cooler a go. Picked one up on the weekend for $40 im not really looking for any performance gain out of it just want to have somthing to catch the turbo if it decided to let go

Finished mounting up the cooler over the weekend. Fits really well i will post some pics once i have the piping done probly wont have time to do them till im on christmas holis but :big_smile:

Nah no pics yet. Im planning on having the cooler piping done,spotlights and snorkle fitted while im on holidays after christmas will post pics as soon as I have them :big_smile:

Hey trb012

I've got an XR6 intercooler already, look forward to your pics and info... Hope you had some luck with the piping. Was it a fairly easy fit up or a bit of mucking around?

Cheers Mate

Wade

Yeah was pretty easy to fit ive used some steel strap to make the brackets then welded them to the bar supports so the cooler studs mount to them directly. Piping is almost done just waiting to get it back from being coated as well as im wating on silicon hose to come from sydney. All in all its a pretty easy fitment a bit of cutting is needed but so it your afraid to cut up your car i wouldnt advise fitting one lol pics will be up a soon as its finshed in the next week or so hopefully.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Piping is done still waiting on silicon hose hope to have it tomorrow then I can fit it all up on the weekend and take some pics

Finally got cooler install finished on the weekend here are some pics for those who were interested :big_smile:

Attachments

• nav8.jpg
    nav8.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 551
  • nav7.jpg
    nav7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 500
  • nav6.jpg
    nav6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 507
  • nav5.jpg
    nav5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 523
Hey mate , you have factory alloy bar like me. for this kit do you need to cut new bullbar mounts or holes in bar?

I had the ASE kit fitted on friday. Wanted to do it myself but I found out you needed to cut a 63mm hole in the bullbar mount which is two 6mm plates welded together. I was not very keen on that idea so I had ASE modify the bottom end pipe work to go around the mount. The install was pretty much what you get when you have anybody do work on your car, 90% is good and 10% (the detail) needs tidying up which I will need to do. As far as performance goes, I am very impressed. The power/torque gain is good and the fuel economy has improved greatly, from 12L/100 to 10L/100. When you now put your foot down, it actually goes even in fifth gear. You can't hold your hand on the pipe coming out of the turbo but can on the pipe going into the inlet. I got it done in a rush because i needed to tow a large caravan about 500km's. I towed it last weekend 100km's and I freaked out about the turbo blowing up as it was under so much load (who the hell would want to tow a caravan, they are just an enormous pain in the arse!, give me a tent anyday, another story.....). So i decided to get it done before the big trip yesterday. I can now compare towing pre and post intercooling. Without the cooler, top speed was about 80km/h and with the cooler it could easily make 110km/h. I would recomend this modification to anyone with the ZD30, I am greatly impressed. The ASE kit is good quality, but I would recomend having it modified so it goes around the bullbar mount, as the mounts are fairly significant and a 63mm hole would greatly reduce its structural integrity.

Finally got cooler install finished on the weekend here are some pics for those who were interested :big_smile:
SOOOOOOOOOOO........ tell us then

Whats it like? Are you happy with it?,Anything you'd do different?

Does it make as big a difference as simonk8's?
:questionmark: :questionmark:

Hey D22 guys. I have mentioned somewhere on the forum that we are doing a d22 front mount kit and I finally have some pics of the prototype/test vehicle for you to have a squizz at.

Kit is essentially done so we just need to get all the bits together in numbers for sale.

Only mods needed are some die grinding of an existing hole in the rad support panel and some massaging of the upper panel. We also supply new washer bottle and mod the filler as you will see in pics. It will fit with a bullbar no worries.

Core works incredibly well as do all our cores and there are some very interesting results on the dyno. Will try and get some dyno graphs up soon but this truck has exhaust and chip too so heaps of power and torque.

We feel even though there are some compromises with this kit (washer bottle for example) it is far better than having to mod bullbar mounts and run pipe work down low were it is likely to be damaged.

Regards
Brian

Attachments

• DSC04591resize.jpg
    DSC04591resize.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC04592resize.jpg
    DSC04592resize.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC04593resize.jpg
    DSC04593resize.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
the intake into the IC looks frigen horrible :( a flat 90 degree turn :(
also needs to come straight up off the turbo a bit more so the pipe doesn't hug the turbo inlet pipe and the other pipe so much. especially as most will need to wrap the turbo outlet pipe so it doesn't heat up the intake air.

got any closer pics of the IC outlet.

You obviously have to have a safari snorkel with this setup too cos the pre cleaner would get in the way of your bottom intercooler pipe, hence the need to remove the pre cleaner.

Latest posts

Back