Induction Noise from New OEM Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
BLOODY HELL.

Just driven the Navara http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=18018

Had an OEM snorkel fitted today and just had a bit of a lash. Christ talk about induction noise. You gas it and there is a shrieking noise, not to dissimilar to wind in a roof bar or rack. Only thing is that if u take your foot off it the noise goes away.

I haven't looked yet to see if they have forgotten to put back the air cleaner element but if its in there then that's the noise I have to live with. Maybe there is a spanner or to in there still or a rag.

Not what I had planned

Looks like this is normal???????:confused3:

Cheers, A

These d22 yd25 motors really take in some air. I installed my own snorkel and noticed it without the chip and boost controller. Add those into it and it takes some mord air in. Mines pretty intense and i think it sounds tougher than the exhaust lol.

Rusty

These d22 yd25 motors really take in some air. I installed my own snorkel and noticed it without the chip and boost controller. Add those into it and it takes some mord air in. Mines pretty intense and i think it sounds tougher than the exhaust lol.

Rusty

I guess I can live with it Rusty, it will b interesting to c what it sounds like with the Tojo air cleaner in there. :confused2:

Yeah I thought the same thing when I got mine fitted. At least you know when your on boost. I now run a K&N filter for on road use and a 2.75 exhaust and it is quieter now than when I first got the snorkel done.

Induction Noise

I took the Nav for a hoot up the highway Rusty, I'm like you now, I agree it sounds kinda tough :rock:

Latest posts

Back