Indicators why not?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
It's so common now.
Used to be the Volvo drivers a few years ago and we all just said, "typical Volvo drivers".

It actually slows the traffic flow in high volume area's, eg: roundabouts, dual lane carriage ways, road works etc.
I mean, If I use mine, you know in advance what my intentions are so you can proceed sooner. Makes sense?

How can we positively encourage the use again?
Is it too late?

In QLD we call them verificators - used at the last second to let you know that we just changed lanes just in case you didn't see the car cut you off!
But seriously would love to see the plods do a blitz on it.

Indicators

I drive a School Bus and its like a guessing game at roundabouts, particularly with mothers taking their children to school. Most of our drivers have had near misses at roundabouts.

Aren't indicators an optional extra with cars these days.
most people don't have the extra money for options Ha ha
Cheers

Now who was it that found the Blinker Lubricant?

I honestly think that most of them don't want to wear the bulbs out, or someone has been spreading rumours that blinkers are actually done by Warwick Davis using a flashlight with yellow cellophane over the front and they don't want to overwork him.

Yeah the roundabouts and you see these clowns in the R/H of dual lane of a dual carigway roundabout indicate right to go straight on thru. When I was driving a Heavy Vehicle with a crash box it was particularly frustrating you think oh he/she is going to turn right only to go straight on, use to mess up that nice steady rythem you have to stay in driving vehicles like that.

We that use them are certainly in the vast minority... ffs how hard is it? They are even within reach of the steering wheel - you don't have to let go of it operate them.
Bring back random re-testing to make the masses of idiots out there learn to use them and adhere to other road rules they think are optional.

^ what he said!

Double white lines are my favourate - so many cars straddling or completely over double white lines, its farkin scary!

You are allowed to cross double lines now in Queensland to give bikes the required 1m clearance whilst passing.

You'd have to.
I'm on the boarder and use Tomewin rd into Currumbin regularly to get to Qld.
Lycra everywhere and all double lines. If you didn't cross doubles you'd have a slow trip.

Latest posts

Back