im sorry .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys the plan is to sell my d40 ...

not that the navara is a bad rigg just not going to cut what i would like to do in the bush

my mates do rough stuff and trying to keep up i think ill find im going to brake more stuff then anything not that i wont brake anything in my next 4wd i prob just wont care as much if that makes seance.

anyway im hoping u guys still like me enough to lead me in the right direction

i no that most will be going for nissan but im looking at the

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 79 SERIES UTE (the 6 not the 8) or
NISSAN PATROL UTE 4.2 both will be diesel manuals
both will be slower than my navara but its what i want ...

thanks guys
:rambo:

We have a 99 gu 4.2 diesel at work, It drives, it gets bogged, Personally i prefer the seating position in a mates 01 cruiser ute but thats me, Its been bogged to its guts too

I do love the 4.2 gu utes.. But I wouldnt look far past a cruiser ute..

Ok then dont let the door hit you on the way out!!!

Na just kidding, goodluck with your new truck.

If it were me i would go the PATROL over the cruiser ute, if you have a look at all the winch comps and all the OUTBACK CHALLENGE events 90% of the trucks are PATROL utes, one of the best drive lines ever built.

If it were me i would go the PATROL over the cruiser ute, if you have a look at all the winch comps and all the OUTBACK CHALLENGE events 90% of the trucks are PATROL utes, one of the best drive lines ever built.

You are right there. A distinct lack of toyota,s in those comps

lol im still leaning to the land cruiser just coz i like the look ... pros and cons anyone ??

Gotta drive one. More suited to touring though.. More of an all rounder I guess. But I coily troll doesn't take much to be ultimate

witch is the best patrol the one with the inter cooler ?? would u say the leaf springs would be better if im carry weight for work ??

Leaf are going to carry the weight much better. How much are you thinking?

I would go the GU 4.2 Turbo, stay clear of the non factory turbo as I believe the motor is not built as strong.

If you want a good site to get info on mostly patrols but a few cruisers (quite a few comp guys as well) check out www.mudrhino.com.au and click on the forum on the left.

Lookin to sell our 4.2 st td coil cab (due to it not seating more people) but if I wish I could keep it - I find it a much nicer drive to the cruisers due to the bucket seats and coils at the back. The don't have as much power as the cruisers at speed but it takes off good (compared with the 4.2td and v8 cruisers). I'm sure a tune would fix that tho.
If I could I would for sure look at a patrol again in the future.

Oh, they don't look like bricks on wheels either!

this is true .... i dont no the girlfriend likes the land cruiser better than the patrol but to me there pretty much the same if anything the land cruiser i like the shape of but its always cost more for less...

You'll also sell the pootrol easier if it's got a 4.2 in it. Compared to the 3l they got on them now.

Latest posts

Back