i'm getting old.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSWSQUID

Reaction score
hey guys,

after being inspired by the notice at the top of my screne i thought i would throw up my first post and say hi to you all.

i have begun my life in cars just like any other teenage male and went from the cheaper ones to my fast one that i currently own at the good old age of 22.

i have a 2007 subary WRX STi, it has been an awsome car, and helped get me my fair share of speeding fines and unwanted attention.

the problem i face now is that with all the work i am doing and the effort it takes to get through uni i am looking for something that i can drive day to day, that will take me camping and on relaxing fishing trips and also shoot up and down the coast in search of good weekend get aways.

i am currently in the process of selling my subaru and looking to pick up an early model nissan navara (D22) i believe, the ST-R and ST-X variety, i am still doing my research.

looking into the 3 litre diesel ones that are 4x4 and dual cab so i can load it up with a solid camping kit that will take me anywhere to escape weekday life.

before i ramble on to much i would love to hear from any guys who go on getaways without trailors or caravans and would love to hear/see your setups

good to meet you all and read your stories

Brent

Welcome, NSWSQUID.

Just got back from the beach yesterday. Took the Navara loaded up with 2 full size mountain bikes, 2 camping chairs, fishing rods, tackle box, tool box and bits and pieces, with the back seat chockers with luggage. Mine's a diesel and got over around 650 kms to the tank on this trip. Pretty much bog standard as I haven't got into the offroad stuff yet, but they are a very capable ute.

Welcome aboard, Brent.

I can really only talk about the diesels.

The D22 ST-R is a good workhorse, engine feels and behaves like a normal car, so you won't end up with clutch issues if you get the manual. Think of it as a reliable tradies' workhorse.

The D40 ST-X is a different beast, comes on really strong at 2000rpm+ and the manual eats clutches like Homer Simpson in a donut shop. It's a more expensive beast, and without modification pulls really well if you decide to tow something. The D40 also has more features.

They're both dependable vehicles and probably won't get you pulled over as often!

Welcome mate.

There would be more D22 driver's on here so check out the signatures and see what mods suit you.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back