2004 3ltr Str Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Fowler

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Glenn and have recently joined the forum. I have a 2004 3ltr which I had the motor rebuilt 180000 klms ago. Car is slowly giving up on me with the latest problem being related to the fuel system. Car will not crank over. Battery is fine and oil, water all good. Motor turns over by hand.
RACQ said I am getting no fuel, I can hear the pump when I turn the key. Is this common and could it just be in the lines/filter? Cost to replace the pump is more than the worth of the car.

i'm assuming you have the zd30 diesel 3 litre.
you need to explain it a bit better.
does the engine turn over with the starter motor? if not fix the starter motor.
there is no pump that you can hear when you turn the key, unless someone has fitted an aftermarket lift pump. the injection pump makes no sound.

is there fuel at the fuel filter? can you prime the fuel filter ok?

injection pumps are known to fail suddenly, the ecu in them fails. but there can be other causes.
is ignition light staying on? if so pull the codes.
check that the brake lights are all working. if not, check the brake fuse. sometimes that can cause no engine start.
sometimes you can get interference on the crank sensor which fools the ecu into not turning on. people have had starter motors or 2nd battery setups that cause interference. you need a scope to check the crank sensor output.

Latest posts

Back