I'm baaaaaack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALL4BY

Reaction score
Ok. I'm back but my nav isn't.. my D22 had a good run and now I'm in the market for a new Nav. Was gonna go Nissan Patrol but a Nav suits my plans for next few years (I plan to do a lot of touring)

Anyway, in a few days I'm going to a local Nissan Dealership to see what sort of deal I can get on a ST-X 550. In the meantime if there is any info anyone would care to share on modifications and such, ANY information you feel will be useful.. please send it my way

info such as pro's and con's.. stuff like that

Before I had my D22 I didnt know of this site, but now that I do, (as a freind reminded me today) its a great place to start some research.

Cheers

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the D22.

The 550 is not a bad car. Driven mildly (read "like that old fart from Newcastle") you'll probably never have any dramas with it.

However, some people have discovered that it does suffer a little from heat and under a load, the 7-speed auto gearbox doesn't perform well. There's also word that on a steep descent in low gear, the gearbox will change up a gear regardless of being held in low gear in manual mode.

How'd you go with the 550.

Jeez they drive nice.

Test drove it today.. nearly had to change my shorts because it flys and its so smooth. I never thought I would see the day I say that it would have eaten my D22 (still love the D22 though:)

cant decide if I'm going to buy it or not. its a lot of money.. however I think it will be worth it.. my brain is going crazy right now lol , reading up on more reviews and tomorrow gotta call the dealership to let them know if the deal we made is to go ahead..

Last edited:
Back