howdy diff locks what info can u give me .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was speaking to a guy from drive lines and he was saying front lock with be better as it will reduce the need to put a full boot into it. In saying that, he says that it all comes down to operator, if your rough it'll break if you use it to purpose it will do its job quiet well.

I'm not rough but sometimes you gotta be a little rough to make it where u wanna get to lol cheers mate for the info

Dose it work alright? How much did u get it for ? Did u install ? Cheers

It does not work ok, and would not use it in a 4WD...both wheels need to be loaded.. I paid about $1000 a few years ago for it..its in a FORD FPV. I installed it myself and changed out the diff ratio at the same time..bought a Territory open diff.

The issues are all around having both wheels fully loaded ..my car is very stiff and getting into some friends driveways I have been stuck when one wheel lifts off the ground..I need to either dab the brakes or put the handbrake on to apply load and it will drive..BUT not always.

My preference would be an e locker when they become available.

The LOCKA diffs are kinda like Detroit Lockers if you are familiar with those...they are locked normally and attempt to unlock when asked to behave like an open diff.

Does anyone know the going rate $$$ for the "auto LOKKA"?

Im pretty sure for the D22 they are $500 delivered to your door.
The D40 was $500 for the early bird deal but i was told that they would go up to $600 after the initial release

Im pretty sure for the D22 they are $500 delivered to your door.
The D40 was $500 for the early bird deal but i was told that they would go up to $600 after the initial release

Cheers....can one only get them from that one place or do most 4by shops sell them

Cheers....can one only get them from that one place or do most 4by shops sell them

As far as i know you can only get the "LOKKA" from "4WD SYTEMS" , just check that they actually have them in stock then you will be fine, its just when they dont actually have the things they will tell you anything to keep you hangin.

I think there is other companies that make auto lockers but they dont work in exactly the same way as the ones from "4wd systems" here a link to them http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=29

Who will install a e-locker? is the d40 one of the weakest front ends coz of the ifs ?
Or is anything ifs weak? Theres always something to stop the fun .

navdog_d40 said:
Who will install a e-locker? is the d40 one of the weakest front ends coz of the ifs ?
Or is anything ifs weak? Theres always something to stop the fun .

No the D40 front isn't weak cause it's ifs, it's weak cause it's made out of alloy.

Yes, not sure why they decided too make the diff housing out of alloy (reduce weight I'd say).
I only know of one person who has actually broken their diff housing (woody) but there's always the chance.

Yeah it really puts me off doing anything to the front end .. I don't want to brake anything the repairs would not be cheap is it even safe having 33's is it's like that ? Cheers

I have 33's on mine, it's all good. I have heard rumours that there are fabricate front diff in the works as replacements, also one I'm goin to check out if I've ever got the money or brake one is the front diff out of a Nissan Titan from the states.

Latest posts

Back