How to put in police frequencys into a uhf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFURY8

Reaction score
hey guys,

im hopin somone can help me out i put in a new GME TX3340 80channel uhf today and i have all the police freqs for my area and i was hoping somone could give me the heads up on how to put them in,

thanks

I might be wrong but the cops frequencies arent in the normal UHF band so unless you have a radio with the scanner function I dont think you can program your radio to get them. And even if you can it would be on recieve only
I have the Uniden unit that can scan the cops frequencies and from memory they arent in the same range as the standard frequencies.

They aren't usually on standard freq, and a load of police are switching to encoded digital signals. I know ours can't be picked up on a scanner and it's mainly rural area for nsw that operate on analogue signals.
You can pick up an emergency band (unsure of which one), but that's about it I think.

Pretty easy on my icom 400 and i've got all them in mine, but from what i gather the extra channels are dealer programmable receive only on that unit. Pretty good money for the dealer to type in a few numbers and press send.

Latest posts

Back