how do u get more than 25mm ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate.
I would go with a 2" suspension lift.
The Navara wil ldrive better on & off road.
There are a couple of little tricks than can get you almost 3" lift
Then go With 33s.
As you experience grows you wil lwant to go with a locker & that will make the Navara even more capable
Just remember the Navara is never going to be a Patrol
Cheers

what are the little tricks that u can let me know about ?? lol i need some where close to 3'' as i can get cheers mate.

Hi Zordo you deal with all types of suspension i need some advise about shocks for my 2 inch lift im going to be using dobinson springs but cant decide on the shock i was going to get tough dogs and then ive heard from to many people that they have problems ( im not saying there no good ive just heard that ) so im pretty much down to Bilsteins or dobinson shocks .Ive been told that the dobinson shocks will do all that i want and will handle towing a large van plus on the vehicle a bull bar , razor back canopy , rock sliders and such but no draw system . Thanks for any help .

Hi Zordo you deal with all types of suspension i need some advise about shocks for my 2 inch lift im going to be using dobinson springs but cant decide on the shock i was going to get tough dogs and then ive heard from to many people that they have problems ( im not saying there no good ive just heard that ) so im pretty much down to Bilsteins or dobinson shocks .Ive been told that the dobinson shocks will do all that i want and will handle towing a large van plus on the vehicle a bull bar , razor back canopy , rock sliders and such but no draw system . Thanks for any help .

Have you had a look at shocks from "ULTIMATE SUSPENSION" they will individually valve you shocks to suite your vehicle, and they are re-buildable for about $55 a shock, They have a good warranty where you have which ever takes the longest to expire, weather that be time or distance.

They installed my lift and used "DOBINSON" coil springs, i cant complain at all about my suspension, great on and off the road, loaded or empty.

Have you had a look at shocks from "ULTIMATE SUSPENSION" they will individually valve you shocks to suite your vehicle, and they are re-buildable for about $55 a shock, They have a good warranty where you have which ever takes the longest to expire, weather that be time or distance.

They installed my lift and used "DOBINSON" coil springs, i cant complain at all about my suspension, great on and off the road, loaded or empty.

Yeah i have a had a talk to them and thats were i wanted to take the nav but i just dont have time to take it to sydney for the day , I own my own business and as it is i will have trouble doing it local . I have 2 mates that have there suspension and they think its the best also very good service before and after you get it done .

Yeah i have a had a talk to them and thats were i wanted to take the nav but i just dont have time to take it to sydney for the day , I own my own business and as it is i will have trouble doing it local . I have 2 mates that have there suspension and they think its the best also very good service before and after you get it done .

Mate have a chat with them, and get them to build you a set and just freight them to your door.
I Think you will just need to give them some info on what sort of driving you do and what sort of load you will carry, inc bar? winch? ect ect
The other thing that they will want is the weight of the ute as it stands.

Might be worth it, i think i would rather do that then just buy a set off the shelf.

what are the little tricks that u can let me know about ?? lol i need some where close to 3'' as i can get cheers mate.

the cheapest way is to buy an old coil cab gq. whack 5"springs under it, a body lift, whatever other bars nessesary and buy yourself a set on 37" maxxis sticky trepadors. oh and don;t forget a big fuck off turbo. and f+r lockers.

you'll never need to worry about keeping up again, unless you enter comp, in that case add a giglepin winch and roll cage.

problem solved.

the cheapest way is to buy an old coil cab gq. whack 5"springs under it, a body lift, whatever other bars nessesary and buy yourself a set on 37" maxxis sticky trepadors. oh and don;t forget a big fuck off turbo. and f+r lockers.

you'll never need to worry about keeping up again, unless you enter comp, in that case add a giglepin winch and roll cage.

problem solved.

where is the fun in that lol how does your d40 go offroad?? i see by the pics u use it offroad cheers

I will have a think about it , how do you find the set up your nav .

No complaints what so ever with the set up from "ULTIMATE"

The only thing i want to do which has nothing to do with 'ULTIMATE", is the upper control arms and throw in a spacer to get another 1" or 2" of lift in the front, and with the UCA it will still have decent down travel.

not as good as the attached image but yeh man goes hard. i was able to get most places on a set of 28s and sagged suspension by picking good lines.
lift and 33's just makes it that much easier, when i installed my ironman lift i gained 80mm in the front and 100mm in the back. the trick is letting the lsd kick in and keeping the bonnet levelish, or a rear locker, wouldnt bother with the front in an ifs truck.

or just get a run up and hit in second 4h, im not here to tell you how to drive.

all in all man unless your doing comps which i wouldnt do in my nav, getting 33's on is all you need, just think your diff's are as high as anyone else running 33's, youll just struggle with ramp over which bashplates will fix.

p.s cream over that pic, it was running 800hp at that comp and it wasnt evan tuned to max yet. oh and see the dirt where the back tyre is thats the edge of a near verticle gully the last 6 cars had to winch up that he's just used right foot to power over.

Attachments

• stockers.jpg
    stockers.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
not as good as the attached image but yeh man goes hard. i was able to get most places on a set of 28s and sagged suspension by picking good lines.
lift and 33's just makes it that much easier, when i installed my ironman lift i gained 80mm in the front and 100mm in the back. the trick is letting the lsd kick in and keeping the bonnet levelish, or a rear locker, wouldnt bother with the front in an ifs truck.

or just get a run up and hit in second 4h, im not here to tell you how to drive.

all in all man unless your doing comps which i wouldnt do in my nav, getting 33's on is all you need, just think your diff's are as high as anyone else running 33's, youll just struggle with ramp over which bashplates will fix.

p.s cream over that pic, it was running 800hp at that comp and it wasnt evan tuned to max yet. oh and see the dirt where the back tyre is thats the edge of a near verticle gully the last 6 cars had to winch up that he's just used right foot to power over.

haha nice pic mate yeah true do u have under body protection ?? like plates and stuff ?
also if i only have one wheel spinning at the rear does that mean my lsd is not working ? cheers

haha nice pic mate yeah true do u have under body protection ?? like plates and stuff ?
also if i only have one wheel spinning at the rear does that mean my lsd is not working ? cheers

underbody and sill protection is a must.

rip the factory shit off its useless and your more likely to damage panels with it on. im on my second front panel and the one along the bottem i had to rebend with a jack so it would stop catching mud while i was driving, but at the same time it saved gearbox from a nasty big hole. and sliders are probably the best of all so many times have they saved me from panel damage!!

and yeh if its spinning flat your going to fast, youll figure it out eventually with more experience, easiest way is to get out and try, find some nice wombat holes and give it ago.

In response to the original question.....
Massage it gently and most D40 owners can obtain at least an inch and a quarter.

what type of under body have you got ?? diff protectors ? im looking for some but i dont really want to pay heaps as i am saving for lift and wheels

Ironman are the cheapest 3mm steel bash plates.

I have ARB plates but the ironman ones are half the price, i have seen a set for a hilux but havent yet seen any on a D40.
The set i saw on the hilux didnt look all that bad, the only difference with mine is that the ARB plates have two big Box steel rails either side of the sump guard.

how much are the arb ones worth even no i no you pay for the name arb .. lol

my quote for arb ones was like $780 when i looked to buy a new set, my original ones came with the car, best thing to do if your trying to save money in get under the car take some measurements, draw it up and go into a metal fabrication joint and get them to make them for the 3mm plate and all the bends youll probably look at $200 if you do it all yourself/from a workshop

how much are the arb ones worth even no i no you pay for the name arb .. lol

well with the amount of cash i have saved from having the bash plates, i reckon they are "worth" a few grand, but they COST $750 for the full set, and in my opinion they have been worth every cent.
As i said before the big difference i have noticed, with other brands they dont have the two rails that run down either side of the sump guard section, which obviously adds allot of strength.

yeah thats not too bad i guess still a little bit more than i wanted to spend right now coz i want to get rock sliders off scotty too ..

Latest posts

Back