how do u get more than 25mm ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No that's not right.
The UCA may have a different bend to clear the coil bucket. But that won't give more down travel.
You are still limited by the strut lenght.
to get more down travel you will also have to get strut spacers or extra long struts.
So UCAs on their own will do nothing for travel.
Cheers

well that isnt the experience that "Sossel" and "ONLOCK" have stated, the measurements that they got seem to contradict what you are saying, unless there and my math are bad.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12429

There is another thread where Onlock installed them and gave some more measurements, just cant find it at the moment.

well that isnt the experience that "Sossel" and "ONLOCK" have stated, the measurements that they got seem to contradict what you are saying, unless there and my math are bad.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12429

There is another thread where Onlock installed them and gave some more measurements, just cant find it at the moment.

we are talking about increased down travel.
The limiting factor on D40s is first the strut & then the UCA hiitng the coil bucket.
Unless you run a longer strut the the UCA will do nothing
In conjuction with longer struts the UCA will then allow more down travel.
The UCA on it's own will not give more travel.
If you fitted UCAs to a standard D40 you would achieve nothing.
Cheers

we are talking about increased down travel.
The limiting factor on D40s is first the strut & then the UCA hiitng the coil bucket.
Unless you run a longer strut the the UCA will do nothing
In conjuction with longer struts the UCA will then allow more down travel.
The UCA on it's own will not give more travel.
If you fitted UCAs to a standard D40 you would achieve nothing.
Cheers

Well YEAH!!
i never said the UCA alone will give more down travel

Ok just rear the sossell thread.
You will notice he & onlock run raised suspension & strut spacers.
Strut spacer effectively lenghten the strut removing the first limiting factor. [ the strut lenght]
The UCAs then remove the 2nd limiting factor [UCAs hitting the coil bucket].
So like i said the UCAs on there own do nothing.
Cheers

Ok just rear the sossell thread.
Strut spacer effectively lenghten the strut removing the first limiting factor. [ the strut lenght]
The UCAs then remove the 2nd limiting factor [UCAs hitting the coil bucket].
So like i said the UCAs on there own do nothing.
Cheers

hey zordo so does that mean when i put my 25 mm snake spacers in i have to run longer struts or my ironman ones will be fine

well yeah!!
I never said the uca alone will give more down travel

ok just rear the sossell thread.
the ucas then remove the 2nd limiting factor [ucas hitting the coil bucket].
So like i said the ucas on there own do nothing.
Cheers

i never said the uca alone would give more down travel

NAVDOG is asking about how to get more then 25mm lift,, so heaps of people were sugesting ways to create more lift,,,,,, this is why i said there is no point in lifting the ute to far without changing the UCA's, because with all that lift you will have next to 0 down travel

hey zordo so does that mean when i put my 25 mm snake spacers in i have to run longer struts or my ironman ones will be fine

By fitting 25mm strut spacers you will actually lenghten the strut.
The Ironman struts will be fine,
But like Nathan said you may need also need new UCAs.
Cheers

NAVDOG is asking about how to get more then 25mm lift,, so heaps of people were sugesting ways to create more lift,,,,,, this is why i said there is no point in lifting the ute to far without changing the UCA's, because with all that lift you will have next to 0 down travel

I agree with you entirely.
The more lift you have the less down travel you have.
And the more lift the more you will need UCAs
Cheers

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MY NAVARA D40 ALOT BETTER OFF ROAD IM THINKING OF SELLING IT FOR A PATROL UTE OR MAYBE A LAND CRUISER UTE BUT IT WILL LEAVE A MASSIVE HOLE IN MY POCKET COZ I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 MONTHS AGO ... ZORDO WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO 2''LIFT 33's ?? OR CAN I DO SOMETHING ELS BUT ITS A WORK UTE BUT I LOVE MY OFF ROADING AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT UP MOST THINGS KINDA GETS ME DOWN BUT IM NOT BLAMING THE D40 AS IT IS NOT LIFTED OR ANYTHING SO ANYONE WHO HAS LIFTED THE D40 AND BIG WHEELS TELL ME HOW IT TRULY DOES GO OFF ROAD ?? THANKS GUYS SORRY FOR CAPS

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MY NAVARA D40 ALOT BETTER OFF ROAD IM THINKING OF SELLING IT FOR A PATROL UTE OR MAYBE A LAND CRUISER UTE BUT IT WILL LEAVE A MASSIVE HOLE IN MY POCKET COZ I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 MONTHS AGO ... ZORDO WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO 2''LIFT 33's ?? OR CAN I DO SOMETHING ELS BUT ITS A WORK UTE BUT I LOVE MY OFF ROADING AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT UP MOST THINGS KINDA GETS ME DOWN BUT IM NOT BLAMING THE D40 AS IT IS NOT LIFTED OR ANYTHING SO ANYONE WHO HAS LIFTED THE D40 AND BIG WHEELS TELL ME HOW IT TRULY DOES GO OFF ROAD ?? THANKS GUYS SORRY FOR CAPS

my personal opinion they go awesome very capable car even more so with lockers 33's with the right line and driver(oh and bash plates lol) will take u most places and aslong as u dont flog the shit out of it and give it mechanical sympathy as it dosent have the driveline of a patrol(unfortunatly) i have thought about a patrol many times but i hate the fact there is no storage space in the rear and the d40 has tonnes of space for big draws water the lot and i have to young girls so theres plenty of room in the back seat for them

boxy

I do like the d40 but If I had my time again I would be getting a patrol ute but kinda too late now I do love been off road but trying to keep up with patrols and stuff if u can't beat em join em lol

I have a 2" tough dog suspension lift with a 30mm body lift (supplied by Zordo) and I'm running 33's (285/75/16). Did have too trim the edge of a piece of metal hangin out near the sill but it don't need too be there any way. I'm an experienced 4wder which helps a lot with picking the right line, which you will learn. I'm yet to run into anything my D40 couldn't handle that my mates patrol could and he has 2" lift, 2" body lift and 35" tyres. Unless your building a tuff truck, IFS can go anywhere solid axles can, it's 2012 not 1980. It just costs us more for our gear. I've had a landcruiser, hilux, patrol, D22 and now D40 and I recon my two Nav's where the best.
When you go too order you suspension lift make shore you get the right load rate, as this will affect how much lift you actually get, if you get too soft you won't get as much lift, if you get too hard your struts or rear shocks will be at max stroke and wear out quicker. UCA's are a good idea n will be getting a set too soon.
If your just starting out I would suggest goin with a 2" susp lift and 265/75/16 too start with till you get more experience. Start with the basics.

Can i ask about srtut spacers ? do they go inbetween the shock strut and the shock bucket ? and do you put them in the rear or just the front to level it up ?

Yeah mate they sit between the coil and the coil hat at the top of the strut depending on the brand u have u can Also use trim packers look like an egg ring that goes round ur strut at the bottom of ur strut

Chrome dome said:
Can i ask about srtut spacers ? do they go inbetween the shock strut and the shock bucket ? and do you put them in the rear or just the front to level it up ?

Strut spacers or coil spacers??
Strut spacers bolt onto the top off the strut hat then bolt onto the strut mount.
Coil spacers sit between the top of the coil spring and the strut hat.
STRUT spacers are better because they move the hole strut down giving you lift.
Coil spacers move the spring down giving you lift but you lose how much travel the strut has.

What boxy just told you about are coil spacers.

Last edited:
Strut spacers or coil spacers??
Strut spacers bolt onto the top off the strut hat then bolt onto the strut mount.
Coil spacers sit between the top of the coil spring and the strut hat.
STRUT spacers are better because they move the hole strut down giving you lift.
Coil spacers move the spring down giving you lift but you lose how much travel the strut has.

What boxy just told you about are coil spacers.

Yeah sorry should of been more specific are u calling the strut spacer what I have mentioned as trim packers (egg ring shaped sits round bottom of strut)

I have a 2" tough dog suspension lift with a 30mm body lift (supplied by Zordo) and I'm running 33's (285/75/16). Did have too trim the edge of a piece of metal hangin out near the sill but it don't need too be there any way. I'm an experienced 4wder which helps a lot with picking the right line, which you will learn. I'm yet to run into anything my D40 couldn't handle that my mates patrol could and he has 2" lift, 2" body lift and 35" tyres. Unless your building a tuff truck, IFS can go anywhere solid axles can, it's 2012 not 1980. It just costs us more for our gear. I've had a landcruiser, hilux, patrol, D22 and now D40 and I recon my two Nav's where the best.
When you go too order you suspension lift make shore you get the right load rate, as this will affect how much lift you actually get, if you get too soft you won't get as much lift, if you get too hard your struts or rear shocks will be at max stroke and wear out quicker. UCA's are a good idea n will be getting a set too soon.
If your just starting out I would suggest goin with a 2" susp lift and 265/75/16 too start with till you get more experience. Start with the basics.

thanks for the help mate yeah well im getting a 2'' lift but i really wanted a 3'' lift but i dont no where u live but vic with the body lift is a no no witch sucks for me who wants more height for off road the lift will be made to take wight as i carry heavy loads for work but yeah once i get the lift and tires hopefully it will be a good truck

Hi mate.
I would go with a 2" suspension lift.
The Navara wil ldrive better on & off road.
There are a couple of little tricks than can get you almost 3" lift
Then go With 33s.
As you experience grows you wil lwant to go with a locker & that will make the Navara even more capable
Just remember the Navara is never going to be a Patrol
Cheers

Latest posts

Back