How did this happen? (Radiator Damage)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baylock

Reaction score
Hi guys, its been a while since i have posted tho i lurk around almost daily, this site rules!!
I just had a bit of a surprise after a weekend out.
After a couple of days of the usual mud, water, and rocks, and the nav impressing the other guys with much better set-up rigs, we were buzzing home along the freeway when i noticed some steam and that my temp gauge had decided that it wanted to reach for the sky. Needless to say i pulled over and shut down real quick!!! After towing the Ute back to town, and making a start on looking into the problem, it looks like the fan has collided with the radiator.
So, new radiator in.....
But i m still wondering, does anyone know how the fan could have collided?? There seems to be a fair amount of space between the Fan and Radiator, engine mounts look ok, and radiator does not look bent, or flexed.
Ill include a picture if anyone can help??
Thankyou in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20131104_125723.jpg
    IMG_20131104_125723.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hey mate! usually a problem with belt driven fans i think but did you go through any water? when the fan is driven by the engine and it is in water it can be pulled towards the radiator, looks like just the outer edges made contact

That makes sense, i really should have had a bra.
Thankyou for the help guys, now to see if there has been any further damage, but so-far so-good.
Doesn't seem to have used any water on the run to return the trailer, ill be checking the oil for mayo in the morning.

You are lucky to have gotten that far. I had the same issue on my cape trip. Unlucky for me I had a body lift making the fan blade catch the bottom tank and slice open the fins like a hot knife through butter. After the new radiator was in I used the wading bra I had sitting in the tray waiting to be used lol. Also as john Saud you can tie them back and let the hub spin free in the fan. Works a treat

Latest posts

Back