Horn only working while turning, help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeart

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently my D40 got a weird problem, when my steering wheel position at straight the horn is not working at all..
First, I think my relay fails so I got it replaced but the problem still the same. next, I replace all the wiring and hope it works.. again the problem is not solved.

then I found out the horn is working only when my steering wheel is turned either left or right.. about 3/4 rotation..

any suggestion what actually fails?

thanks in advance

Yep, it's the clock spring. Retails about $280 in Australia, I think. Your dealer might charge more, especially if you don't sound like you're willing to go elsewhere.

thanks for all your reply..
it does occurs that the ribbon wire inside the clock spring was bent..
luckily my steering wheel doesn't have any other audio controls.. so the ribbon wires which have 8 wires inside, so I just simply move the pin to another empty wires.. and it works like a charm..

oh, about the steering wheel which doesn't have audio controls on it I found that it doesn't have the access hole to the retaining pin.. instead, it has two little hole on both side of the back of the steering wheel.. look into it, you'll find a pin. so use a flat head screwdriver to push in.. if you feel the spring then it is correct.. when both pin is pushed in, you can pull up the SRS air bag module.. hope this can help..

sorry for my broken english.. hehe..

I've check my dealer, it cost me Rp. 2.275.900,- (equals to AUD 215.87) for the clock spring spiral cable body comb (B5567-JS40A)

Latest posts

Back