Horn stopped working?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Howdy all, I fitted up an Air Horn years ago and it's been working fine untill last week :(

I can here relay clicking so replaced the genuine one under the bonnet and its still not working "still clicking", checked fuses earths etc , nothing wrong there..
Air horn works when wired directly to the battery?
I guess it just a mater of doing the continuity test ? Anyone had Horn issues?

Double fused! Whoops, missed that when I put in a new accessory fuse and relay box under the bonnet...

I cleaned up all the single relays on the inner gaurd, and added another fuse to the hot wire for the air horn relay, down by the horn.. right next to the original inline fuse I fitted! Doh!
Removed that, new fuse in the accessory fuse box and she's all good... happy day!

Easier then expected- good that you worked out it
🤭😁 I have no idea when it comes to electrical.. I hate chashing wires, and it took me unpicking a shipload to trace it back to the fuse box..
I pissed the one of near the air horn and she fired...

So I was nearly certain it was going to be a thing..

Took the family out to grab some dinner tonight, driving back home and seen a mate driving in the opposite direction.. Gave him a wave and a toot tooo...burrrr - Bloody horn gave it up aswell.. I dont have fancy horns but the stock one with and old ford snail wired in along side it.. all fusing is fine - its either the wiring connectors at the snails or......?

Know what im doing in the morning now

@Been a while

Glad I too had a simple fix..

after checking the fusing and relays and removing the grill i spotted a tiny little broken wire- seems the wiring bundle wasnt supported-
crimped and taped on a new blade terminal and good to go again

@Been a while

Glad I too had a simple fix..

after checking the fusing and relays and removing the grill i spotted a tiny little broken wire- seems the wiring bundle wasnt supported-
crimped and taped on a new blade terminal and good to go again
Dangit! You too...

I thoroughly recommend the air horn trumpet :) i get a chuckle out of it, it's loud eh

it's just a single trumpet one, from fleabay...

Latest posts

Back