Home made canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
Hey all has anyone made there own canopy for a tub back ? Just geting ideas so any tips or pics would be great ?

Are ya thinking a Hard canopy or a Canvas one just out of curiosity.

Have a look at the threads "Vinyl Canopy" & "Lockable Canvus Canopy and roof rack"

Last edited:
Hard top! I was first thinking canvas but i intend on a few week trip early next year and i was worryed about a simple blade becoming a key to any asshole out there!! So i have a few sheets of alli checkerplate layin round so start there i spose

Hey mate, check out BOXY's D40 build thread.
Hes got a solid rig and built a canvas canopy with a wicked frame for his, but he shows a fair bit about how he made it etc. Think its around page 3 onwards or so.
Hope this helps.
James.

If ypur gonna get the cover made by a canvas goods manufacturer or an upholsterer go chat to them before you start. i do it for a living and theres nothing worse than someone bringing you a well built frame that is missing the finishing touches that make it impossible to get a great looking canopy. you make the cover the best you can and its just average cause the frame doesnt sit flush or have good lines to work around.

Latest posts

Back