HI

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike m

Reaction score
G,day all bit new to all this i have come here for a look to see what people honestly think about these machines . . I am looking at buying a Navara and dont know anthing about them just doing a bit of research..

Welcome Mike, what model are you looking at? There is heaps of information about all Nav models but narrowing down what you are hunting for will help others.

Gday Mike and welcome.
What Navara are you looking into buying? D22 or D40? just remember that the reason most people start threads is because they have a problem, not because everything is going fine, so that in it self can give a bias opinion on how the majority of navara's perform.
But tell us what you are looking for and we will let you know if there are any consistant problems that all of that particular model may suffer from.

Welcome aboard, Mike.

No matter what anyone tells you, in the end you'll get a car and it will either be a well-assembled car or it won't be. The manufacturer doesn't seem to matter - they all have their issues.

As far as Navaras go - more power, more cabin space. Others are catching its towing capacity (one has exceeded it). It has a longer wheelbase than many others making it more stable but with poorer ramp-over. Turning circle is compromised by the long wheelbase but it's not terrible.

When it comes down to actually getting dirty, the Navaras are sure-footed vehicles. The D40 is good off-road and great on the highway - long hauls are quite comfortable and there's more room in the back seat for a growing family. D22s are also good off-road but have less comfy seats and a smaller cabin, most of the reduction is in the back seat area. Still, D22 drivers take to the highway towing 3T loads too.

There's going to be personal choice in it too. If the looks of the Triton appeal to you more, enjoy it - comfy cabin, 3T towing, but more expensive. You might consider the V6 diesel Navara instead - far more power, doing anything asked of it with ease.

G'day Mike. As you can gather there is different models, configurations and specs.
I'm sure the guys on here will be only to happy to explain the pros and cons of each.
Went thru the same excercise in the latter part of last year.
Good Luck!

Thanks alot fellas you seem like a freindly bunch. The navara is a 2005 D22 series 2. 3litre turbo deisel with 120000 klm .I am a mechanic buy trade but these things are small or light where most of my work is either heavy or plant . I did do a stint with toyota for a little while to bridge over to light
I like the look of the navara more than others. The only reason i wont own a triton is the old mitsu logo "Please consider" it scares me

Latest posts

Back