Hi from the Gold Coast

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangles

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi, to everyone on the Navara Forum.

I have read and re-read a number of posts on here and have finally decided to join up.

A little about me,

Well I live on the Gold Coast. Have a Honda Prelude as a project, (in fact have 3 of them in various states of undress. My aim is to make a decent N/A with some slight modification to the body. But that is another story.)

I currently own a 89 D21 2 x 4 which is sitting under a tree in Victoria on a place called French Island. Drove it down there last year. Body has rust issues, mechanically still very good. Has over 585,000 on the clock. Spare car for my mum.

Bought a D21 4 x 4 in June last year with lots of goodies, but time and resources have slowed getting it onto the road. Had a loose timing Chain. Went to undo the nut on the crank pulley and the chain jumped a cog. And yes before you ask I did have the chain chocked, but it still slipped.

Long story short, bought another S/H motor and fitted it, just have to do the wiring, Probably 3-4 hours work, but don't have the time... I will get there..eventually.

Recently bought a Diesel D21 with a TD27 (I think), which has a gearbox issue. Jumps out of 4th on backing off. Haven't paid for it yet but I thought $1000 for the whole box and dice was a good buy. Just need to organise transport to Victoria.

Another vehicle for French Island. But this one is a 4x4.

I also recently picked up a Gearbox and transfer case for a D21 for $200. complete and working, so I have been told.

SO as you can see I have a few projects. I also have a few questions see thread in D21 Drive Train.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Hope you guys can help and if there is anything I can help any other members with let me know.

This includes picking up and shipping ebay buys on the Gold Coast to both Sydney and Melbourne (max 20kg and no larger than a Surfboard). Cost max of $50 per item. Wheels, tyres, door trims etc etc can all be sent.

Anyhow chat soon.

Frank

Welcome to the forums Frank.

I used to be the poor sucker who delivered the bread for French Island. I used to drop it off at the shop on the main land, all except for one day when I nearly delivered it myself when I missed the shop (I may have been having a wee nap) and nearly drove straight down the friggen boat ramp.

Edit: Actually it was the Coronet Bay shop I over shot while having a wee nap, I used to drop the FI bread off at Corinella Shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back