Hema N7

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
$699 wtf?
Not angry at all, but think its a joke.
Its 2014 ffs, lets have this as an app for the phone, tablet.
How many gadgets do I need on the dashboard?

Nice.....
Thank you.
I didn't even research it, I just assumed it was only on dedicated units.
Ass u me lol

I've never had a 'real' outback GPS, hema, oziexplorer etc. I do have a cheap Garmin thing I bought 3 years ago and I'm amazed at what roads and tracks it has inside it.

On our last trip away we took some Westprint maps, they list waypoints and POI's on their maps (I suspect others do as well) with, (oh gee know I'm going to look like an idiot coz I don't know what I'm really talking about) latitude & longitude.

We used these figures with lat & long figures we got from our cheap GPS and could work out how to get from A to B out the back of nowhere.

We had trouble at one point, but we used common sense, worked out where the sun was and determined NSEW and got going from there.

To end my rant, yes $700 is alot for a GPS, I wonder if anyone buys those expensive ones anymore?

I wonder if anyone buys those expensive ones anymore?

Yep me :embarassed:

Actually I have the HN5i and love it, although it has far too many functions for me to appreciate or operate.

It is about 2 years old now and I snared it when I was able to get it for something like 30 or 35% off RRP. So while not paying $700.00, still payed somewhere heading toward $500.00.

Hema customer service has been really good and if I was due for a replacement, I think I would buy the new model, although might not be prepared to pay the RRP.

I wasn't having a go at anyone, truth be known if I had the spare $$$'s I may even consider it.

I'm interested to see how long the HN??'s stay around for, now you can get that app of theirs for Android devices.

Nah it didn't sound like you were having a go at anyone. At the time I was also looking at one of the top end Garmin units but by the time I bought off road maps to load and probably balls the whole lot up, thought it would be easier to just buy a dedicated gps.

I use goggle maps on android as its updated regularly.
$49 for hema app easy peesy.☺

This is what i have been looking at, liked the Garmin Montana, but waited for the new model to come out, which is the Monterra.
I have the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx, and use it for in the car, on the bike, and can carry it around ( has long battery life)
Ready to move on to something more modern.
Not much difference in price to the HN7.
But smarter..

http://globeriders.com/article_pages/article06_gps/article06_monterra.shtml

And if you want to read about more try this site.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898282&highlight=garmin+monterra

I too have been using the Montana 650T..... It's the best one to suit my needs at least...... The new having the Android OS and WiFi ability.... not sure if I would upgrade just yet..... Would love to have the Montana/Monterra's abilities/functions on a 7" or 10.1" Tablet though......

Latest posts

Back