Hello WA, Goodbye Queensland!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
New Job secured!
New Trailer is packed
Removal is book.
Roadtrip is on!!

Queensland was nice while it lasted, except for the 5 months of rain, the floods and the mould... I did enjoy the trip to the scenic rim though.

But i'm heading back to what i know and love....WA

Roadtrip begins on the 27th. 2 idiots, 2 dogs, a D40 and a 125cc mini bike... what could possibly go wong?

Might post a drive log with some fuel prices and things to look out for, for anyone thinking of a coast to coast trip.

Geez you making a habit of hell and goodbye threads :big_smile:

You're going to be about a week ahead of me by the look of it I think we are leaving here the first week of Sept, maybe the second I'm not sure yet. Posting up the fuel prices at Port Augusta, Ceduna, Border Village and Norseman at a bare minimum would be great for me as they are my stops, but any other info would be good too. I did a similar thread after my last trip but any costs I put in (if I did) would be way out now.

Good luck in WA, hope you have more fun than I do since I get to spend my time with the in-laws!

You could take the Central Highway, cut a fair bit off the distance if you don't mind corrugated dirt roads.

We have an addition for the saucepan tree which is from memory about 40ks out of Mundrabilla. My parents friends cross the Nullarbor quite often and we are having a comp to see who can add the most saucepans and I've got a heap I really need to get rid of!

I'm there from sometime around the 20th of Sept to about the 9th of October then hopefully the farm has dried out enough to come home and do some fencing. I've got a few computers to sell while I'm there and a wedding on the 8th but am happy to work around those dates if you want. I'll be staying near Gateways SC.

As long as I don't have to fight my steak, can't imagine getting beaten up by a steak.

Hey Krafty, last week drove Esperance to Nowra to collect new boat then to Ballarat. Heading back over west 26/8/11. Fuel at Norseman was 156.9 at both servos, Border Village was 188.9 Shell at Ceduna was 147.9 and Port Augusta was mmm143.9 I think. Didn't take any notice of the smaller places prices. Hope this helps.

Cheers John

Last edited:
Thanks John, Still not as expensive as when we crossed in 2005 but it's getting there.

Captains log 281149KAUG11

Journey is underway.

Just past Narrabri. Fuel prices aren't to bad ATM, 153.9 for Vortex Diesel.

Using a little more fuel with heavy ass trailer with incorrect tow height on the back, then i would like. But shit happens!

Good luck with the rest of the trip, we did the trip in a VS Commodore wagon 2.5 years ago.. it was great fun! I paid $1.89 for fuel somewhere near the border if I remember right.

I'm guessing you've arrive by now Biscuits, how was the trip? I think I'll be there in about 2 weeks (joys of having no time constraints is I don't have to make set dates)

Back