heater not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justa6

Reaction score
I did a search couldn't find anything. With the colder mornings i've been turning on the heater and after a few days kinda thought, "this isn't working". put it flat out, still cold air. Anyone had this problem? 2.5 d40 .

Mine's been working a treat. You might check the hoses entering the firewall. The coolant (from memory) runs from the pump into the EGR cooler at the front then into the firewall and back out. Check to see if there's flow in the EGR hoses at the front. CHeck to see that someone hasn't blocked those off when they blocked the EGR or removed the pipe! If they have, just connect the two hoses together.

Cracked radiator? Or loose radiator hose?My heater stoped working when i had a loose hose. Ild chexk it asap cos i didnt and let my ute overheat and cracked the head.. :( 3 grand later....

did d40's have blend door issues (the flap that controls the flow of cold and hot air) or was that only certain models? i vaguely recall reading something on here about that a while ago...

You're right that the doors could be stuck, and fixing that would be a bit harder. If there's coolant available at the input of the heater matrix, and it does come back out too (meaning there's no blockage in the heater matrix) then the air passage doors are the likely culprit.

To test that, find the hose that comes FROM the EGR tube at the front and check where it enters the firewall. There should be another hose that comes out - remove THIS and crank the engine over for a second. If water comes out of there you've got coolant flowing into the heater matrix and it's just a stuck door. I don't know how to fix that (yet).

I'm an auto elec and have fixed lots of heaters in my time, generally if you have a split hose you'll know about it, i'd be checking the operation of your blend door, get someone to operate the dial from hot to cold and back again, hop on the passenger side and try to look for the cable that connects to the arm that controls the blend door, the cable might've dislodged from there if so connect it back up, if it isn't moving then maybe replace the cable, i'd do that before disconnecting heater hoses etc first, also check your coolant level, if that is fine then you don't have a leak!! Then check to see if the heater core is blocked, do this by disconnecting hoses at the fire wall then grab your hose and put it in one hose that runs into the firewall and turn it on, this will check to see if it is blocked and also hopefully flush it at the same time. Hope that helps.

My heater has never been as good since I changed the exhaust.

Works good at 100km/h though.

Sorry to bring this up again....but as many would know I've been having a few electrical problems that has had the car back to Nissan a couple of times. They fitted a new timing chain and in the process somehow shorted the wiring to the starter motor. Anyway they finally found and fixed that problem yesterday and while driving home I tried to get some heat (was pretty miserable weatherwise here yesterday) and even with the air mix know turned up to full heat the outside air temp and cabin temp remained about the same 15 degrees =/-1. I'm thinking that the Nissan tech has failed to refit a wire somewhere or has blown another fuse. I intend taking it back on Monday but if it is an easy fix I would rather do it myself as Nissan is about 100 km away.

Sooooooooo, does anyone know if and/or where the fused for the air mix motor is in the D40 and also what is the easiest way to get to this part of the air conditioning set up.

Thanks in advance.

I think I've found the right fuse, Pete. Look in the fuse panel to the left of your glove box. There's a blank space on the right hand side with a 15A use above and a 10A fuse below. The 10A fuse should be the one.

I think I've found the right fuse, Pete. Look in the fuse panel to the left of your glove box. There's a blank space on the right hand side with a 15A use above and a 10A fuse below. The 10A fuse should be the one.

Thanks Tony will check that out in the morning. Much appreciated.

UPDATE: Fuses all OK so I guess it is back to Nissan next week.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to bleed the vacuum lines for the heater controls? My D40 is having an issue delivering hot air.

Some background: the car was driven with the heater control panel disconnected. Since then when the vent control is moved there is a shuddering sound from the heater box. When I use the heater it will not get hot until I go up a hill or put the car under load.

I believe (and I could be wrong) that there maybe air in the lines preventing the change over to heat from cold.

Latest posts

Back