Coolant loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistol-W

Reaction score
Hi all, while driving home yesterday my temp went stright up to the red... I pulled over asap.
A quick look showed the heater hose to the cab radiator had fell apart... a plastic tee for the main heater flow and the smaller pipe to the header tank.
Being in Spain vehicle recovery is inc in your std insurance policy.
Quick call and 30mins later a truck collected us and dropped us at home.
I have this morning searched for the part, Main Nissan are closed for a festival ??
I found a better than original plastic tee piece at a plumbing store, Same plastic spec PA 66, designed for a central heating unit and looks very well made.
I have been trying to bleed the system and make sure all the air is out...... Now here is my worry :-she starts a bit roughly ??? before she fired up on half a turn as sweet as,
now a bit rough for the first few seconds, am I over worrying or could this be a head / gasket problem.
No smoke, oil is clear and no loss of water....
What do you all suggest...
Thanks
20230604_194727.jpg

Attachments

• 20230605_104742.jpg
    20230605_104742.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230605_172136.jpg
    20230605_172136.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
A compression test will tell you if there's a problem with one of the cylinders and that will point to a gasket/head issue. Naturally you'd do both a dry and a wet test to be sure that it's not a piston ring issue on a low cylinder.

Yes, of course your right... I am hoping all's well But ?
I don't have the gear to do the com test so its off to the local garage I suppose,
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back