Heat switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulbeagle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 2011 D22 Thai built, which came with 2 batteries and the heat-up switch.
Is it possible to change the engine revs that the heat switch brings the engine too ? I've got a heat exchanger (shower) fitted but the heat switch still doesn't bring the revs high enough to really heat the water.

Thanks !

i don't know about shower setups but if you want the engine to heat up you need to put it under load.
how about fitting electric element to the shower as well? heats up the water and loads up the engine which heats the engine up.

throw a towel over grille to limit airflow to radiator?
i would imagine heat switch revs are set by ecu and unchangable

Also, I believe closing your heater will help it heat the engine quicker... I think (less coolant being circulated)

...as soon as you put the clutch in the revs drop back to idle speed

Sorry but from what I have read I believe this is incorrect...the act of putting it into gear is what drops the revs back to normal idle speed and is a way to test if your neutral switch is working.

Cheers,

Craig

Edit: Found it - http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=4089

Not sure if this has been covered before, but their is a simple way to test your neutral position switch.

With the engine idling and clutch depressed and in neutral, switch on the heat switch. The revs should come up to 1200ish. Now move the gear stick into each gear, one at a time. When you select a gear, the revs will drop back to idle, and back to 1200ish when in neutral. If any gear does not drop the revs, their is a problem with the neutral position switch.

Last edited:
Sorry but from what I have read I believe this is incorrect...the act of putting it into gear is what drops the revs back to normal idle speed and is a way to test if your neutral switch is working.

Cheers,

Craig

Correct. Won't drop till in gear

If you have a glind unit or a copy if plumbed into the heater flow yes the faster the water flows the more the heat sometimes very hot perhaps ajust the heater control on the dash failing that use a stiff bit of wire on the pedal.

i

Latest posts

Back