Have a steep driveway.....a word of caution

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much what Nathan22 says....I believe that all Spanish built D40s fitted with the YD25 engine have a different filter system to the D22 fitted with the same engine. The D40 has the bulb under the filter but the D22 has the primer as an integral part of the filter housing....and like Nathan22 says it is a flat pump thingy on top of the housing. In fact this is the same filter (ie the one that's fitted to the 2.5 D22) that I had fitted in my Patrol.

Doh, another Nissan change. My Thai 40 has the plastic disc on top of the filter.

Nissan must have a change for changes sake department I reckon.

Doh, another Nissan change. My Thai 40 has the plastic disc on top of the filter.

Nissan must have a change for changes sake department I reckon.

my 2010 Thai D40 is the same with the plunger on top of the filter housing, But the 2012 Spain built has the bulb.... :dontknow:

I think Nissan just said to each country that makes them this is the engine, gearbox, diffs and here are the panels, How you get it all to work is up to you, so go at it and see what you come up with.
After owning both models they really are totally different cars, the list of similarities is ALLOT shorter then the list of differences thats for sure.

No way im saying one is better then the other, they are just different.
I can list the differences i have noticed, and in all reality there are some things i like more with the Thai built and then the same can be said for the Spain built.

I really like the "GIANT" Mountain bike i just bought for my son and i think its better then the "TREK".......................... NOW HOWS THAT FOR OFF TOPIC ???

Nah, my Cannondale Raven pi$$ over both the Trek and Giant!!

Reckon so :rofl2:

Btw, my raven is 12 years old now and hangs on the wall as artwork as my waistline will testify its a while since I rode it :sorry3:

Dont be sorry, i bet it hangs on the wall arse down thats why you dont ride it........ it wont start..... its just the way you parked it:sarcastic:

ahh thats better back on topic......... well almost.....

Last edited:
Back