Hardcover power opener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I have been getting all the bits together and now finally have got it all installed.
I have installed an electric actuator and frame so I can open the hardcover when I want and no more having it locked etc
This is a quick movie I took tonight to show it in operation
If anyone wants more info gimme a yell and I will try to help out

Hardcover movie - Photobucket

Last edited:
That is pretty cool, how much room have you lost in the front of the tub from the actuator?

Ill take some pics tomorrow
I was working on it all day basically fabricating brackets etc so by the time I did that movie it was 6 degrees and I was nackered.
Its all done so it bolts in on the utilitrac so easy to remove and its on pins so can be disconnected in seconds .
I plan to polish all the alloy at some stage but wasnt in the mood today lol

A few pics so you can see the framework
Hardcover4.jpg

Hardcover3.jpg

Hardcover2.jpg

Hardcover1.jpg

Now fully wired in but I still want to put in some failsafes and a second controller ,maybe even a remote.

i dont want to sound dumb aussie, but what is the back cage for? ... do you have some big loads?
p.s. gd luck wth the tribunal when it comes up

The back cage on the tailgate is called a Bed Extender, a factory part from the US for the D40 Frontier. Its basically so your bed can hold more. I use mine to hold all my recovery gear at the racetrack so its easy to get to.Its also handy for holding gear in place as it can slide back and forth on the rails on the sides of the tray.
Trust me they are worth their weight in gold when you carry things like beds or stuff thats too long to close the tailgate.

Latest posts

Back