happy rear end?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan_blue

Reaction score
hey all happy new year. My D40 is ever so happy to slide out in the wet and sometimes not appreciated. I was wondering what you guys have experienced or is it that i have crappy tires on? Has anyone having sliding issues too?

i have a D22 and it did the exact same thing on the stock tyres. at times it was extremely fun but not when there are cops around you get realy nervous coming into corners. but once i stuck some good tread tyres on it it hardly goes out now. i no some ppl with a d40 hav experienced the same as me.

Try using less loud pedal, or carry some bags of cement as ballast to settle the rear down.

I drive to the conditions and have not had a problem on a wet road,ice is a different story.

if its just in wet then its mostly just tires and what tire pressure your running. need to find what pressure suits

I have a d22 and have the same issue. though mine is a cab chassis so is expected. Sometimes i cant take off on a ssteep hill without my wheels spinning

My D40 would constantly get sideways over rough bitumen or corrugated dirt roads and this was from the rear shockers and springs being rubbish. Fitted Tough Dog springs and shocks and now it rides really well.

The Bilstiens helped mine majorly in the wet.

The Coopers helped aswell.

Dave.

if ur running stock bridgestones duellers (from factory)...they are CRAP!! i got mick Ts and made big difference

The LSD will make the rear end swing out when you break traction under acceleration out of corners as both wheels will lose traction together. I found my ute behaved better after I fitted a rear Airlocker as the dif operates as an open diff on road and only one wheel would break traction.

Cheers

Factory d22 tires are my problem. Have new suspension and all that and even when I'm not on the loud pedal it wants to be happy. Waiting for them to wear out so the mickey t can go on.

Rusty

the tyres are called wildcats, think they are micky T? does`nt say mickey t anywhere on them, made in U.S.A though?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back