Gutting Cat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSmeg

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a workmate has suggested i should gut my my cat instead of getting a larger exhaust, legalities aside would this a better option than buying something like a 2 3/4 exhaust system with a hi flow cat in it, its on a 08 d22 2.5cr as well

Cheers

It's not that easy to do and the power benefit isnt substantial enough to bother with.

Better to save up and do a full exhaust system. IMO.

What Jase said.

The soot and crap in them is carcinogenic, you dont wanna get the crap in your lungs.

Hi Guys, a workmate has suggested i should gut my my cat instead of getting a larger exhaust, legalities aside would this a better option than buying something like a 2 3/4 exhaust system with a hi flow cat in it, its on a 08 d22 2.5cr as well

Cheers

cant really see how killing your cat and gutting it would help the navara? the RSPCA might not like it either :p

id wait and get a full exhaust done, and get them to put flanges on the cat... easier to pull out and do what u like with it.

yep i just fitted a new 2 3/4 beau exhaust and cant tell the difference so im thinkin about takin to the cat guts with a pinch bar. not sure if it make much diff.

Any restriction is going to hinder performance no matter how ya look at it.

The old race day saying, (ya gotta get the fuel in and gas out as efficiently as possible to get horses)

So i would say yea rape the gut's out of the cat, whether or not you notice any difference will remain to be seen, but the better free flow the better performance!

Speaking from actual experience i put a pyro sender in my dump the other day while i was there with the cat out i put a mask on and gutted it.... Only took 5-10 mins ..... And the answer is (for me at least) that it goes HEAPS better revs much more smoothly

That is with a stock exhaust

If you have a 3" exhaust and want to gut the high flow 3" cat dont bother!

And remember u cant gut metal cats .... Well not easily anyway

Latest posts

Back