got my navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK!! the fella from the 4wd shop rekons he will do the cutting for a bottle of rum LOL and fit my xgt for $160. is that a good price for the fitting do you reckon? or am i being a typical girl and getting ripped LOL

Actually, I got the BEST price for both the uhf and xgt's from brissy....

I paid 549 for uhf (tx3220) and got quoted 635 up here. I paid 483 for a pair of lightforce xgt lights, and up here was quoted $725!! plus they gave me 4 of those deep rubber dish lookin mats (for sand n mud etc) for 50 for the whole set. I was so happy!!

P.S rum, bourbon or beer? lol
Any of the above 3, but you got to help drink it:big_smile::big_smile:

Don't know what it would cost to get them to fit/wire them up, I do all my own. Not hard at all, and it's made even simpler by going to SuperCheap and buying a wiring kit, I think they are pretty cheap. Peice of cake to do:top:

$160 for fitting spotties sounds a bit steep. I used to be a car audio fitter, cant be any more than about $20 worth of materials (switch, relay, wire, fuse & holder), after that its all labour. and without the rack poles, it'd take less than an hour. at most you should be charged $100. shop around, thats my advise. try autobarn.

Thanks Will!! You just saved me some $$$$ :) I have employed Deadly now but he would be VERY sorry if i participated in the emptying of the bottle ceremony!! I am allergic to vodka I think :)

Used to be bourbon but allergic to that too :p I quit bourbon when I quit smoking. One without the other just wasn't right :-(

Auto elec here wanted $100 to fit a switch and wiring for the spotties i already mounted to the bullbar, stuff that i went home and did it myself in about 30min.

Just remember regardless who / where you get to wire them up that they are hooked up to your high beam lights with an override switch. Not sure up your way but here in S.A if they aren't hooked to high beams, they are illegal. the las thing you need is a roadside inspection by someone needing to prove something and getting defected.

All my cars up until the Nav I have installed the driving lights on and although I know it's illegal I've also wired them up to a live wire because it's what suited me and my vehicle. I even had one auto elec refuse to sell me a Kingswood foot switch because I wanted to install it in a HiAce van thus making it illegal but no copper or Vic Roads person has ever questioned them even on vehicles that I've had over the pits.

Everyone has different needs and everyone has different uses for driving lights. I don't want mine on when the high beam is on and at times I want to turn them on without the headlights on and it makes no difference to me, my car, or other road users if I do it this way. Given the other thread about illegal mods I probably shouldn't admit to doing such a thing (honest office my Nav is legal...for now) but it's too late for the other cars now anyway.

We wired them up yesterday (& yes, to the hi-beam), using a wiring kit from SuperCheap:victory:

Geez, they look big on the Nav's:big_smile::big_smile:

I am stoked. They look great and deadly dave did a great job!! (and yes, to high beam and they work beautifully)

He also looked over my car and said that it was in good shape, which is a relief lol

I wanted to put up a pic to show your good work deadly, but it was getting late by the time I got home. I took one anyway, here it is:

007-2.jpg

Thanks again for your help you really are a super dooper fella, offering to do that job for someone you haven't even met before and for actually doing the job!!!

oops photo not all that good... it was raining pretty heavy...

note the missing ladder rack holders!!! woohooo all gone!!

And I even needed some help attaching my plates to the front! Like a kind gentleman deadly gave me a hand this arvo. yeah yeah i know what a re tard :p

hehehe good stuff. I got to try them out. I live on a huge highway and the signs are quite oversized. Nearly burnt out my retnas when the spotties hit them!! Was great though. I told deadly that i would be able to see the martians on mars :)

Yeh, Yeh, I know they need adjusting:big_smile: There was a report of blind possum's wondering the roads yesterday:big_smile:
Thanks Belle, was really nice to meet you as well:victory:
Now just need to lock those front hubs in.:victory:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back