Goodbye Nav hello Patrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jase. Aido,there is no way i'm going to fit it myself.
They are bloody ugly and i couldn't face destroying the beatiful lines of my
D40.
The mechanic that services our trucks is doing it on thursday.Free.
Picked it up today,airflow,$400.00.

Thanks Jase. Aido,there is no way i'm going to fit it myself.
They are bloody ugly and i couldn't face destroying the beatiful lines of my
D40.
The mechanic that services our trucks is doing it on thursday.Free.
Picked it up today,airflow,$400.00.

Sorry Ian, no 90mm holesaw at work, you'll have to venture over to Scumbury and borrow Aido's.

Latest progress,

Added 3" lift today, still needs a wheel alignment and possible castor correction bushes, longer brake hoses and sway bar disconnects.

Connected up the dual batteries, finalised winch and spotlight wiring.

Looking good with the muddies fitted.

Stills drives OK with the H/D suspension.

Fuel economy isn't looking so flash for the first tank, so far 45L for 300k's.

Attachments

• pootrol modified.jpg
    pootrol modified.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 81
Rack with spots, highlift, shovel and Jerry carrier, Tinted windows, "ARB Sport" and "Hotham" decals on the flanks or windows and that is one Tuff Collins st accountants weekend vehicle! :lol:

Cmon where's the Fab work that you are capable of?
When is the rear quarter chop?
Sliders?
5"lift and sway bar disconect?
Rear bar?

Rack with spots, highlift, shovel and Jerry carrier, Tinted windows, "ARB Sport" and "Hotham" decals on the flanks or windows and that is one Tuff Collins st accountants weekend vehicle! :lol:

Cmon where's the Fab work that you are capable of?
When is the rear quarter chop?
Sliders?
5"lift and sway bar disconect?
Rear bar?

I'm flat out designing new equipment for the Pyrolysis project I'm working on, so I've been lazy in the fab department. I bought the battery tray from ARB, $120 for about $8 bucks of steel, of course didn't fit, took me 2 hours to fit, had to file out the holes and put it in the vice and bend it into the right shape. My FKD wrist is still giving me trouble, what a bitch trying to fit lifted springs one handed.

I'll be making my own rear bar, I have a concept of using pnuematics to open and close the wheel carriers, no ones done anything like that, but it going to have to wait for a few months.

I though about making bash plates, but I have double amount of ground clearance to you guys, I reckon I could park over a D40 so I don't think I'll bother.

If anything this would be the highest priority.

Attachments

• steps.jpg
    steps.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 38
Looking good Jase,what rubber went on?

Went the BFG's again only because I got a pretty good price. They're 285/75/16, it's surprising just how much bigger they look compared to 265's.

Man my credit cards getting hammered at the moment!

Apparently occasional hand grenades right up to the new common rail version but nothing like the early ones, I have not heard stories of the CRD one going pop myself.

What he said ^.

The common rails are reliable as, use a tad bit to much fuel but reliable.

I remember Sudso on patrol4x4 said his boss had a 2000 model ZD30 powered GU and it done 530,000km's towing 3T everyday and got traded on a newer ZD30 powered GU.

The ones that are worked are the ones that last.

Dave.

I wanna know when you're going to go for the hummer body kit to spruce up the 'trol a bit.

That is a sensible price too.

For what use the navara gets this would be ideal......Just got to convince the other half.

Latest posts

Back