Genuine snorkel question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watto0505

Reaction score
Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster.
I've been hunting around for some time now for ideas on improving the effectiveness of the genuine snorkel on my 06 D40. I've already done the sika job but am still pretty annoyed about that useless bit of foam just inside the gaurd. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of piping before actually entering the airbox.
My question therefore is has anyone (so far I've only seen one solution, can't remember who from, but I'm nowhere near as handy with a welder etc) found a way of attaching the snorkel inlet pipe directly to the airbox. I was thinking silicone hose but then realised that the snorkel pipe where it enters the engine bay is more of an oval shape which I thought would make things a little more tricky.
Any help would be appreciated. Cheers in advance guys,

Chris

I used 90mm stormwater pipe with 2 45degree elbows direct from side of airbox to snorkel pipe at inner guard and bit of sikaflex ,this bypassed the original airbox muffler, it deleted the restritive elbows and increased the induction noise a lot.

Thanks for the reply tofskij. That was with the genuine snorkel? I don't suppose you've got any pics?

Latest posts

Back