From camshaft sensor to injector reg.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklag1

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 d40 yd25 Navara. I bought it cheaply as it had a CPS fault showing. I changed the CPS. IFor the camshaft to be out it would be a timing chain issue as this seems common. I replaced the timing chains following all th instructions carefully. When I started it, it was still in limp mode and a scan showed P1622, injector registration. As I hadn't touched the injectors I figured I must have got the fuel pump out of time. I started to strip it down again, the fuel pump locking pin slid straight in with the crankshaft at TDC. The marks in the cam sprockets were perfectly on the mark. When I put the locking pin in the balance sprocket it goes about a third of the way around (4 o'clock) with the crank at TDC.
I'm at a loss as what to do nex.

Unpredictable - or seemingly random or unrelated errors - are usually an electrical problem. Anything from a dirty battery terminal or ground cable, to the ECU earth (common in cars around your vintage) to damaged wiring looms.

Thanks for that, I'll check those. At the moment it's all about getting that locking pin in at TDC. I'm assuming that the crank sprocket being a larger dia. than the balance cog I might have to turn it over several times to get them both near alignment

Latest posts

Back