Fridge Temperatures.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fitted a digital temp controller to my evakool bought from eBay for $12 delivered. Can set the temp to the temp you want, then the high low difference and time delay to start if required. 12volt 10 amp digital controller uses .5 watts to watch over your fridge. I put the temp sensor at the far end of the fridge and set at 2degrees. Temp varied from .5 to 3.8 degrees. I had the divider in the fridge so front was freezer with a small gap between divider and floor of fridge. Kept ice cream hard on 42degree day on Sunday in canopy. Beer was lovely. Digital display shows the temp rather than guessing what setting to use from 1 to 10 on the original thermostat.

Thanks mate, so you just wire this in the place of the old dial thermostat?
I just cut the positive from the feed in, took that to the digital controller, middle plug 3rd from left. Bridged to 2nd from left. Then from first back to the input for the old thermostat. Negative goes to the fourth pin. It comes with its own thermostat which I pushed through into the fridge . The two leads go to the two inputs on the right.
I cut out the case on the right hand end of the cover above the compressor with a dremel and mounted the display there. It comes with push on clips to hold it in place.
I keep the original thermostat on max.
Easy peasey.

Hi Panuara,
great work by the way working that out for your self, I'm having difficulty getting the diagram together with your instructions, and is was wondering if you could attach your diagram to help make things for me easier.

Thanks in advance.

Boostin 7, have you PM'd Panuara for the details yet?,
if you don't get any response back because he can get busy, i still have the email Panuara sent me so i could forward it on with his permission.

Sorry guys i haven't been checking back here.
Thanks alot for your help 😆.
On a side note, have you guys been keeping check of your power usage?
My fm70 used on average around 2 amps per hour over the last 8 days.
But i did discover that in mild nights you can pretty much turn it off & temps don't drop much with the esky style construction

I put a battery monitor on mine so I could see if it was behaving itself and noticed that my Engel 60L (about 15 years old):

* When working hard, draws about 3.20A

* When normally cycling, draws about 1.55A

* When idle, draws 0.02A

I'm not 100% happy with the accuracy of the meter used (particularly for the idle draw since we're talking about a small current over a shunt) but the larger draws were fairly close to the mark compared to my digital multimeter.

Our FM70 uses around 4-4.5A when cycling.
Seems to be the same all the time, with it just cycling more often when working hard.
I use an accurite dual zone wireless temp monitor at the moment and adjust the dial to suit.
The thing is as ambient temp goes down the dial needs to be turned down to suit, this digital thermostat will help eliminate having to keep adjusting the dial

Latest posts

Back