Expensive day in the dunes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Well, went too fast through some ruts. Got the front wheels airborne and stripped the splines out of the drivers side torsion bar mount. Now this has happened to me a few times before and I can usually got one at a Wreckers for 20 - 30 bucks. limped 40km home only to find that I have sheared 2 bolts off my from left axle.Im guessing either the bolts were loose, I sheared them off when I went through the ruts or the drive home with the Nav on a weird angle stuffed them.

Here are a few pics

Yeah I dunno why they aint working hopefully I can have the torsion bar fixed tomoz it should only take 30 mins once I have the part. The stub axle might have to wait till the weekend Im sure i can drive it around with 4 bolts.

Picked up the stub axle for 220 and the bracket for 100. Now come the real challenge to fit it!

is it a common issue to happen on d22's any particular year, with the torsion bar bracket?

Dunno, apparently the part number for the Torsion bar holder is the same across the range. This is the third one I have stripped the splines out of in 18 months, I think I just go too hard off road!

What torsion bars you got Dilmah? I think it may be poorly fitting splines or too stiff a torsion bar that causes the adjuster to strip.

HD Tough Doggies, I stripped the first two with the stock Nissan TB's. All 3 times I have lifted both front wheels off the ground, going too fast through rutts

soo i finally got around to fixing he stub axle, ended up replacing the stub axle, lower control arm cos i had to cut the lower ball joint out and it comes as a complete part. also had to replace the steering arm cos it was bent swell. cost $550 for parts and a few cartoons of beer for mate labour. was a pain in the arse to do but i learnt so much. was worth the hassle in the end!

Latest posts

Back