Engine noise! Other d22 owners I need your opinion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big.col

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought my d22 about a month ago now (my first diesel ride) but im not sure exactly how the engine is supposed to sound. I have a really feint ticking/chattering noise when accelerating, its only present when the foot is on the accelerator, not when idling. I can only hear the noise when I accelerate normally though. If i put my foot down seems to either get drowned out or disappears. Im pretty particular with noises, just wondering if this is a normal diesel engine sound, perhaps i will just get used to it.

My truck has only done 20,000kms, oil change 200kms ago, rear diff oil change recently too, all fluids are fine. Would it be worth doing a front diff and gearbox oil change too?

Please give me some closure on this!!

its normall
havent heard a quiet diesel yet
mine makes a similar noise
some say its the injector pump
turn the radio up and forget it

The diesel normally sings with that " tika tika tika tika tika" sound. So if it's that its perfectly normal.

Yeah it is kinda like a tika tika tika. Sounds kinda like a poorly lubricated sound. Im using 5w-30 but im thinking of dropping and changing to 15w-40.

Mine does it has 5000kms on it. ive owned diesels before my previous ute was but i was still a little concerned this one sounded different. went to nissan and test drove another new one and it was twice as loud lol. after that i just drive it. the noise your describing sounds pretty standard imo

Mine does it has 5000kms on it. ive owned diesels before my previous ute was but i was still a little concerned this one sounded different. went to nissan and test drove another new one and it was twice as loud lol. after that i just drive it. the noise your describing sounds pretty standard imo

Haha i am thinking of doing the same to put my mind completely at ease. But by the sounds of things its normal. Cheers guys

video of noise

i just uploaded a video of the noise which i recorded on the freeway this morning. It was a cold morning but the car was warmed up. Should i see a mechanic? Link to video below:

http://youtu.be/IHQVXxme04c

Latest posts

Back