Engine cutting out while driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys.
My ute has been up to all sorts this last month.
The ute started to surge when going up hills in 4th. Thought I was the NPS... Did the test and disconnected it and it made no difference at all.
Then just last week it started to randomly cut out while driving but no quiet a stall more of just a driving driving and dead.
It started off only when going slow or idling so I changed filters and cleaned the MAF sensor. Felt better for half a day then all of a sudden it was cutting out while driving upwards of 60km... Now its hunting idle and while just keep stalling every 100meters...
So it's sitting in the driveway now...
Where should I start looking ?
Scv? Camshaft sensor? Leaks ?
I can pump the primer 5 times before going hard after leaving the ute for a day.
I also noticed an oil leak around the cam shaft sensor...
I'm stuck on what to do as all the local mechanic's are booked out for 2 weeks... And I don't want to just start replacing everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20210815_144148.jpg
    IMG_20210815_144148.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
If you suspect a leak, keep pumping - the fuel will start coming out of the leak making it easier to find.

It does sound like the SCV. Hunting around idle (where there are minor dips and surges in idle speed) was something my car did for a little while and it went away when I added some injector cleaner to the tank and took it for a drive. Admittedly I didn't have a full tank (about half, 40 litres) and I used Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment (just poured the whole can in) but it fixed it for me.

Latest posts

Back