EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPR, is yours an auto? If it's a manual, you don't have a DPF, so changing oils is fine. The 2008 auto has a DPF, so unless it's been removed, you do need to be careful about the oil used. Even if you have a catch can fitted.

JPR, is yours an auto? If it's a manual, you don't have a DPF, so changing oils is fine. The 2008 auto has a DPF, so unless it's been removed, you do need to be careful about the oil used. Even if you have a catch can fitted.

It's auto mate. What's the mod for the dpf ? Tried the search function but not much came up.

There are several ways to deal with the DPF. In my case, I'm leaving mine be until it needs to be replaced - then I'll give the $4,000 price tag Nissan want for a new one a bloody big miss and go with a DPF Delete Pipe from ChipIt.

If you DO have the DPF removed (or you gut it yourself, which isn't easy) you MUST send a pm to auggie (a member here) and ask about the sensor fix. It will save you quite a bit of headache further down the track - most people that drop in a delete pipe or gut theirs (one guy used a star picket, I believe) have come back saying that the silly thing is blowing buckets of white smoke and/or it's demanding a regen. That's usually a sign that one of the factory sensors has gone west. Fixing that requires a functioning DPF and if you've gutted yours, it's trouble - so talk to auggie.

Old tony do 2013 man d40 have a dpf or is it still just the autos? Wanting to know so when I do a service in a few weeks I can ssavesome money by buying normal oil

Old tony do 2013 man d40 have a dpf or is it still just the autos? Wanting to know so when I do a service in a few weeks I can ssavesome money by buying normal oil

The DPF was only ever in the AUTO, and now has been removed from all versions of the Navara altogether.
So with a 2013 model you would be in the clear even IF yours was an auto.

^ As above, thanks guys. There's no telling whether Nissan will reintroduce them in the future though, Euro emissions standards are getting tighter and you can bet they're considering it.

Is there a "how to" to mod it yourself ? (DPF)

Last edited:
Before making a plate (2.5mm alloy) installed on drivers side just after TB..highway fuel was 11.3 on a recent trip. Return trip after installation of block off fuel was 9.5 ! Plus better throttle response with minimal lag. This is on a 08stx. Every engine will have different results and where u buy your fuel etc but I'm stoked with the results !!!!

Installed the blanking plate on my 2010 navara st AUTO, pipe is on the front drivers side of the engine. Used a gasket sealer to assure a nice tight fit, nice and easy job.

Blocked the egr on my 2012 st yesterday.
I cut up a hand saw that had gone blunt, probably will replace with a bit of stainless but the handsaw was there when i thought about trying it and if i had to drive to the hardware i probably wouldn't have.
Not sure if its made much difference but i put all my tools back in ready for work the same day so the last time i drove it before the mod it had no weight in it.
I have noticed a bit more engine knock and the throttle does seem a tad more responsive which i guess is probably the turbo spooling up a bit quicker.
Can i use alloy or is stainless better.

hey guys, just saying hi. got a link on another site to come to this thread as i am interested on blanking off my EGR due to what i find is excessive black smoke from the exhaust. i have tried ECU reset and changing air and fuel filters with no success. will let you guys know what happens

Try cleaning your MAF's aswell. did mine today, a lot less smoke now.

Hey, ok so I'm only new and I just want to start by saying this forum is awesome and I'm glad I found it!! So much info and know how that makes it a great read!. So iv made my egr blanks one just normal and the other one with a 4.5mm hole (can always go bigger not smaller) in the centre (iv been flicking through the posts and some people have done the small glory hole so I made both for my mate justin case) and I'm ready to do the install tomorrow but there's just one question ( sorry about this) but if nissan made there engines to run with the egr then will it effect the engine now that it's blocked??don't get me wrong this sounds so easy and simple but it's just piece of mind for the pride and joy
68A849D6-CC73-4C15-BAB2-972F35548FB0-26671-0000177693D0DA89_zps3afdf071.jpg

just one question ( sorry about this) but if nissan made there engines to run with the egr then will it effect the engine now that it's blocked??]

Yeah it will effect the engine, long term it will be better for it no more black crap going into it.
On my 2013 ST the other side effect has been better fuel economy and more response at part throttle,
So if you a worried about that don't do it.
I wish I could find another mod that can give over 1L/100k better economy for the price.
Also I have had no issue with it totally blocked.

Latest posts

Back