EGR Exhaust Sensor Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourke72

Reaction score
Hi Guys new to the forum, but not new to owning a navara. Recently sold my 2008 Outlaw that never let me down, had a good run out of it. Purchased a brand new Navara D40 in Feb this year EGR sensor failed went in to limp mode at 2000km Dealer informed me that Nissan Australia are aware of the problem and have re developed the EGR sensor they replaced it with another one pinched off another new one in the show room which they assumed was the revised (B) sensor , 3 weeks later limp mode again back into dealer scan tool reveals EGR sensor again. This time they inform me that they assumed that the one they took of the other one was up dated to a (B) sensor which it wasnt because now there are non in the Country and they have to get one from overseas and this could take 2 weeks or more so Cars VOR (vehcle of road) in dealers, very frustrating. I think this is going to be a big problem for Nissan or even a recall on all 2012-2013 D40. My question is has any one had a (B) sensor put in and have they had any trouble since?? i would hate to think i will have a third one put in or the problem just not going away.
Great Forum guys!

first case on here I have seen, probably something else doing it if it was two in 3 weeks.

been about 5 cases down here in hobart with the same prob but the new part couldn't be released until this month what ever that means.

yes went back to dealer today they told me nissan have been developing this sensor for quite some time since early 2012 and because they are seeing more and more of these failing, a type (b) sensors is being made my will be in the country by the 19th. typical car manufacturer not willing to admit a fault. big zetor i think its because they havnt been able to get it right to recently thats why its now they ARE REALEASING IT

Hi all
i had the same problem i have a d40 12/2012 it had done 3500klm and went in to limp mode, its the exhaust gas sensor but it tells the computer that the turbo is overheating and shuts off the boost, its a 1 fit only sensor to remove you need to cut the wiring to get it undone so can not be pinched from another vehicle, nissan are awear of the problem, since replaced my car is running fine.

Chris

Hi all
i had the same problem i have a d40 12/2012 it had done 3500klm and went in to limp mode, its the exhaust gas sensor but it tells the computer that the turbo is overheating and shuts off the boost, its a 1 fit only sensor to remove you need to cut the wiring to get it undone so can not be pinched from another vehicle, nissan are awear of the problem, since replaced my car is running fine.

Chris

Hi Chris how long ago did you get the sensor replaced just need to know if its longer than a month then maybe they have got it right and no more dramas
Regards

They will, eventually. The sensor just determines that EGR is flowing when commanded to - stops us from blocking the bloody thing off and ensures that the emission control system hasn't been tampered with.

Thanks Tony, i think we should just short circuit the sensor so the computer thinks it there and happy motoring !!!

Be nice if it works like that, Bourke. I have a feeling it won't. They'll have it check zero flow when valve is closed, and flow when it's open - guys have been putting a small (4-6mm) hole in the blanking plates to overcome this. I suppose someone could develop a small circuit to defeat that though.

i gather that. just wanting pics or info as i don't have a manual for the later d40's. i;m interested in seeing what sort of sensor it is and what job it does.

Sorry i don't have any pics, maybe i could get the tech at the dealers to show me it and i will take a photo of it when i pick up my Ute

Exhaust Gas Sensor

Got a new D40 in May 13 and has now got 5000km on it and has started Limp mode problems.

Revs but will not get above 95km/h and is really flat.
Have to reset - stop and switch off and it starts going again - do this every 50km on a long trip and it gets a bit frustrating.

They have said on the test it points to exhaust gas sensor - have to wait a few days for them to get a replacement.

Would not buy a D40 if you are going to have this problem. They should sort it out before you get it!!

Nissans way of conforming to emissions laws, make the vehicle undrivable so the consumer can't possibly pollute anymore...

Same issue with mine 2011 STX, engine light come on but no limp mode...scan tool check - EGR sensor - straight into Nissan, replaced faulty EGR sensor no questions asked and even detailed my car for me :rock:

iv'e had mine blocked since day one has 12000ks now' so if blocking the egr causes this to happen shouldn't it do it straight away.

Back