EFS suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am a suspension supplier/fitter.
I work from home to keep the costs lower.
I can also fit after hours as this suits a lot of people.
D22 kit supplied & fitted $1250 - leaves,greaseable shackles, u/bolts, bush kit, 4 shocks, greaseable pins, bars wound up .
D40 kit $ 1600 supplied $ fitted
Can get Bilsteins but they are expensive
Cheers

Hey Zordo, whats the best brand of torsion bar's.

Decent leaf springs to.

I hardly ever carry anything in the tray, maybe 30-40kg on a regular day.

The front has a steel Bullbar, winch and down the track a dual battery kit.

Shock's are fine, I got a set of Bilstiens about 20,000km's ago. Love em.

Cost me $750 from memory.

Dave.

Hey Zordo, whats the best brand of torsion bar's.

Decent leaf springs to.

I hardly ever carry anything in the tray, maybe 30-40kg on a regular day.

The front has a steel Bullbar, winch and down the track a dual battery kit.

Shock's are fine, I got a set of Bilstiens about 20,000km's ago. Love em.

Cost me $750 from memory.

Dave.

Best bang for bucks is EFS torsion bars.
Generally i use EFS or Bluemax stuff. Can also get Ironman gear.
EFS leaves & Bluemax Leaves come from the same factory.
Yep Billys are great
Cheers

Zordo,
Can you get the Bellows type bolt on Air Bags to suit the 08/09 D22 STR's.........
Have a steel tray on te rear with removeable 1500mm high sided boxes, ladders etc. About 400 kg's worth all up at a guess, which all comes off on the weekends.
If so how much are they, what brand and can you freight to Geelong, VIC?
Cheers Matt

Zordo,
Can you get the Bellows type bolt on Air Bags to suit the 08/09 D22 STR's.........
Have a steel tray on te rear with removeable 1500mm high sided boxes, ladders etc. About 400 kg's worth all up at a guess, which all comes off on the weekends.
If so how much are they, what brand and can you freight to Geelong, VIC?
Cheers Matt

Yep can do Riderite airbags from the airbagman
$750
Freight $25
Cheers

Your D22 kit price above, $1250 fitted, is that EFS torsion bars or keeping the existing?

Zordo from what you have seen is there much difference in quality between the highest priced torsion bars and the cheapest ?

Recomendations on leaf spring's ?

Dave.

Your D22 kit price above, $1250 fitted, is that EFS torsion bars or keeping the existing?

Using the exsisting bars.
I only use new bars when there is a steel bar & winch involved
New bars will too harsh on a std vehicle
The bars can be added at a later date if you wanted
Cheers

Zordo from what you have seen is there much difference in quality between the highest priced torsion bars and the cheapest ?

Recomendations on leaf spring's ?

Dave.
In my opinion there is little difference between brands
There are not many factories making torsion bars
Leaf spring usually Bluemax or EFS same thing really.
also OME Dakars come from the same factory.
Suspension is a personal thing most people will like a particular kit, yet there will be somebody who won't like it.
Some people you just can not please. So far i have had no problems
On the other hand dearer shocks tend to be better than cheaper shocks, but you have to ask are they twice as good
Cheers

Last edited:
Well, I spent two hours tonight at Zordo's place getting the 2 inch EFS kit fitted. Very happy with the results so far and very much looking forward to this weekend at Landcruiser to give it a good test.

After a good chat with Zordo I'm sure he's forgotten more about suspension than a lot of people know. He was happy to explain a lot of the process to me as he went through it. I know a lot more now than before. Recommended.

Have taken a 'before' shot, will post up a couple of pics when I can take an 'after' shot tomorrow in the daylight.

Is it something that the home mechanic could do with ease, or is quite envolved?
Trying to do some mods now on the cheap, got quoted $1650 for the EFS Elite kit fitted.

I would be confident doing it myself now, but having watched someone do it first is always a bonus.

Before & after shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2481 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2481 [800x600].jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2484 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2484 [800x600].jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 270
EFS Party

I am late to this party, but I got the EFS constant load suspension fitted this week (geez my credit card took a hard hit this week!!!). The D40 sits about 35 mm higher at the front and 40mm in the rear. The tin lids almost need a step ladder to get into the back seats.

Initial thoughts are the steering is more direct :big_smile: and I am not feeling every bump in the road despite that fact that the 300kg constant load springs are in it which I expected.

I am off tomorrow to give the ute a thrashing over the weekend so look forward to reporting back how it goes through some rough stuff etc.

Bosshog

Latest posts

Back